1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

just out of curiosity........

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by Drew_P, May 21, 2012.

1. Drew_P

Drew_P New Member

I remember when the evo came out for Sprint and it was the next big thing. Then a while after that Verizon got the thunderbolt, which was classified by many as an upgraded evo. My question is.......does anyone know if this will happen again with the release of the evo 4g?? Will Verizon be getting its own (possibly upgraded) variant of the one x as well?? Any info or links would be greatly appreciated as I'm sitting on an upgrade for my tbolt, but for some reason don't wanna lose my kickstand lol
  2. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator Premium Member

The Inc 4G looks like a variant of the One series - pretty darn close to the One S.
  3. Drew_P

Drew_P New Member

Maybe but I'm not one to go for second tier phones lol I like top shelf......and at the time that's what the tbolt was (first 4g phone for Verizon) and its not that I don't like the Incredible line, but to me the rezound was an upgraded inc, especially since they had VERY similar style ques. And as silly as it sounds.....I really don't wanna upgrade to something without a kickstand lol
  4. pogibry

pogibry New Member

One thing about HTC is that they will keep the kickstand. If you notice the new Evo 4g LTE, it has a kickstand. But since you have the upgrade available, it's just a matter of time before Verizon get's their "equivalent"; which means more than likely it will be a slight upgrade just like the TBolt was :D
  5. kparks

kparks Active Member

ALOT of cases have nice kickstands but I don't use a case and my kickstands comes in very heavy I'm getting the next htc phone to drop on vzw with a screen over 4.5 inch
  6. Drew_P

Drew_P New Member

Yeah I've seen some nice cases with kickstands. But I'm odd cause I like keeping my phone naked. I'm just in a weird spot cause I love everything about my tbolt and want something as close to it as I can get.
  7. kparks

kparks Active Member

I'm with u I hope that note competitor comes true... 5" quad core htc and kickstand I would fall out the door trying to get 2 vzw.. But please htc USE BIGGER BATTERY'S. My 2750mha on my bolt can't even get me through a 8hr day at work
  8. Drew_P

Drew_P New Member

I agree, the batteries leave something to be desired. I got a rezound battery in my bolt and I could really see a difference. Something to keep in mind.
  9. geoff5093

geoff5093 New Member

I love the kickstand, I just wish the charging port was on the other side so you can use the kickstand while it's charging. It actually stays fairly well on the car dash just using the kickstand!

He has the 2750mAh battery, 1000 higher the the Rezound.
  10. Drew_P

Drew_P New Member

Yeah Geoff, I noticed that after I had already posted my reply lol
  11. kparks

kparks Active Member

U can stand it up straight lol..
  12. Drew_P

Drew_P New Member

Well against my better judgement I went to a Verizon store and asked if they would get a variant of the One X. And not surprisingly, the guy said he didn't know for sure and hadn't even heard of the One X. Wow!!!! If anyone has any info could you please pass it along. I would GREATLY appreciate hearing from someone who has a clue......
  13. JRParsons

JRParsons Member

Although I'm not sure where I read it, possibly engadget, I think I read that Verizon was not going to get any of the One series phones. Of course there is always the possibility that they are going to get a variant, but the article I read didn't allude to that. It seemed that they just weren't getting them. I'll see if I can find a link to the article.

I just Googled "Verizon won't be getting the HTC One" and many articles popped up, apparently it was announced by HTC spokesperson Jeff Gordon. He did not say that the One phones wouldn't be reworked renamed and then sold by Verizon, so I guess HTC fans can hope, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them.
  14. kparks

kparks Active Member

THEY won't be getting one is the word... if my contract was up I would go to att and get a white one tho.. VZW need a new phone and not a incredible.. Wtf its been like 6 months so they go from dropping a phone every month to nothing!! Not even moto who has a phone every week has not even had nothing
  15. Drew_P

Drew_P New Member

Yeah the more I read up it seems like the One X isn't in the cards for Verizon. But the guy didn't say that big red wouldn't get ANY of the One series. I'm sure they will come out with more than 3 this year. Also maybe he meant they wouldn't have the X since Verizon will re-brand it and call it a different name besides One X like sprint did with theirs. Just wishful thinking maybe......

sent from my Rezound powered bolt of thunder!!!
  16. jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008 New Member

They've definitely been releasing phone after phone on Verizon lately- since the 4G LTE launch in December 2010, HTC threw out to Verizon the Thunderbolt, Rezound, Dinc 2, soon the Dinc 4G, Rhyme, Trophy, oh wow you can still get the original Droid Incredible, CPO of course, free with two year contract... Man that phone was perfect (with an extended battery), it just didn't have the 4G, I miss that phone so much! :icon_ cry:​
  17. geoff5093

geoff5093 New Member

Not really, with the slightest movement the kickstand folds in on itself or the phone tips over.
  18. 2001400ex

2001400ex Member

While I like the kickstand, if you like the latest and greatest, I would check out the Razr Maxx HD. I would imagine even with a kickstand case, it would be slimmer than the Thunderbolt. I bought my wife the Razr Maxx and I really like it. I have had the Tbolt since launch and like the screen better than the Moto, but Moto has done a really good job with stability and 4g connectivity (especially after the Bionic mess).

Just my two cents.
  19. kparks

kparks Active Member

I will never buy a craperola phone again. My bolt gets 4g and service where my coworkers razr don't and the ui is wayyyyyy better on the bolt!
  20. 2001400ex

2001400ex Member

Yeah my Tbolt was about the same as my wife's Maxx this past weekend at the lake in decent cell service. I do like Sense better than Blur, especially the dialer/contacts screen. That saves a lot of time digging through contacts. HTC was by far the first to figure out 4G and HTC has the advantage of being able to access the internet while on 3g, if that is important (it is somewhat important for me as I am frequently in 3g still).

But... battery life is ridiculous on the Maxx. My tbolt requires a fat battery to last a full day. So, really plusses and minuses. Personally, I am holding out hope for a Razr Maxx Nexus.