Just got my droid x rooted

beto6876

Reaction score
Just got my droid x rooted and got the wireless tether on it.... so what else can I do with it? Im kind of new to hacking a phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
freeze bloatware, overclock/undervolt, ROMs, themes, total customization, whatever you want really

OP
B

beto6876

Reaction score
Is there anywhere I could find out how to do some of this or is ut easy as downloading someone elses work and installing?

eriscrazy

Reaction score
Well for sure the number one app you need is Droid X Bootstrapper, like $2 on the market, that will allow you to use clockwork mod recovery to do what ever you want. Next app I recommend you get is Rom manager, it will allow you to download Rom's directly to your phone. And also look into deodexing your phone, it males it although faster. And if you want to go to custom rom path I recommended liberty 1.5 is is amazing.

Sent from my Liberated Droid X!

OP
B

beto6876

Reaction score
Ok I got bootstaper I got it as soon as rooted my phone and u will get that rom manager and the liberty 1.5 to try it

eriscrazy

Reaction score
Do alot of research before flash anything to your phone. And also make tons of nandroid backups. This website and XDA will be your best friends.

eriscrazy

Reaction score
That is true but I have been unlucky and could not find flyx rom and the only place I have found it on is rom manager. I only use rom manager for downloading Rom's if I need them.

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
Whatever works for you is great, but honestly I have found that rom manager doesn't play well with D2 and DX (I've had both). I flashed Apex through rom manager and had nothing but problem. I thought Apex was crap (its not). I then installed manually through the forums and everything worked great. But seriously, Liberty 1.5

sent from my Liberty infused Droid 2

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
flyx is a dead ROM, it was for 2.1 or 2.2, there is much better stuff out now

eriscrazy

Reaction score
Where is a stock rom? Cause if I'm feeling blur ish I won't to be able to flash a blur rom.

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
look for rubiX blurry or ApeX

TOPDOG954

Reaction score
I've been following this post, I also just rooted my phone (tonight). I have DL titanium and boostrapper, but I am new to this and confused on how to back up my phone before I start downloading new stuff. Do I just backup the entire thing as a "master copy" of the phone's original system?