Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I selected a number that's not long distance for my family 1000 miles away. That's about all I use it for, but you can set that up to ring your Droid AND your home phone.

Basically, I just use it for the voicemail though...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
FootballRef

FootballRef

Reaction score
I selected a number that's not long distance for my family 1000 miles away. That's about all I use it for, but you can set that up to ring your Droid AND your home phone.

What is the advantages to using it as voicemail instead of the Verizon voicemail?

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score

What is the advantages to using it as voicemail instead of the Verizon voicemail?

Verizon visual voicemail costs a few bucks/month. Google is free.

Verizon charges for texts. Google is free.

Last I heard, google's voicemail software was better.

Google has more features too, I think.

kaboyd

Reaction score
I know someone with a GV account, but they don't know how to get an invite for anyone. Does anyone know how the invites get passed out?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I know someone with a GV account, but they don't know how to get an invite for anyone. Does anyone know how the invites get passed out?

You sign up on the web, you go on a waiting list. Or someone has an extra one and offers it up. Or you buy one on eBay for a few dollars. That's what I did.

OP
FootballRef

FootballRef

Reaction score
I cannot figure out how to receive text messages through my GV account. I have the voicemail setup and think I like it really well, based on the few test calls I have made.

kaboyd

Reaction score
You sign up on the web, you go on a waiting list. Or someone has an extra one and offers it up. Or you buy one on eBay for a few dollars. That's what I did.

Sorry Jonny, I should have been more specific. How does someone who has a GV account obtain an invite to distribute?