Just got a Droid for Christmas...

MikeFL25

Reaction score
I have had my reliable LG Verizon phone for 4 years, and this morning I upgraded to a Droid.

So far I love the device. The only thing left for me to do is take it to a Verizon store tomorrow to update my contacts and everything with my old phone.

I have a couple questions though. I'm not sure if this is the correct place, but since I'm posting an intro thread I may as well ask my questions here.

Firstly, is there a speed-dial system? I didn't see any in the manual. Also, does the Droid also allow for a "full profile" for my contacts (picture, phone number, email address, all in one contact)?

So far I only have a few apps (Weather Channel, Weather Bug, Space War). The rest are pre-set apps. What are some good apps that you could recommend in the tools, entertainment, and social networking categories?

One last question: I was told by a friend that the Droid allows for voice-to-text texting. I have used (and loved!) the voice search function. Is there a pre-set way to talk to the Droid, and have it set in a text message, or is that an app? If so, what app is it?

Sorry for the long post, and I hope you can help me out with my questions. Thanks!

rook

Reaction score
Congrats on getting a Droid! There is plenty more that will make you love the phone!

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score
I have had my reliable LG Verizon phone for 4 years, and this morning I upgraded to a Droid.

So far I love the device. The only thing left for me to do is take it to a Verizon store tomorrow to update my contacts and everything with my old phone.

I have a couple questions though. I'm not sure if this is the correct place, but since I'm posting an intro thread I may as well ask my questions here.

Firstly, is there a speed-dial system? I didn't see any in the manual. Yes, you can save contacts on your homescreen as direct dial. If you have a lot, just create a folder and name it "speed dial" or something like that. Also, does the Droid also allow for a "full profile" for my contacts (picture, phone number, email address, all in one contact)?Yes it does.

So far I only have a few apps (Weather Channel, Weather Bug, Space War). The rest are pre-set apps. What are some good apps that you could recommend in the tools, entertainment, and social networking categories?Take a look around the market, 20,000+ and counting! :wink:

One last question: I was told by a friend that the Droid allows for voice-to-text texting. I have used (and loved!) the voice search function. Is there a pre-set way to talk to the Droid, and have it set in a text message, or is that an app? If so, what app is it? That app is called Handcent. It's free, and it's a must have, IMO!

Sorry for the long post, and I hope you can help me out with my questions. Thanks!
Welcome aboard! You are in for one heluva ride!

boatman2220

Reaction score
You can go into contacts, press and hold down on the contacts icon for several seconds. This will bring up a menu. Works this way in several places.