Junk Droid X....WTF

barski

Reaction score
Just got my droid x and so far nothing but problems. Had it for 1 hour. At the store the piece of crap wouldnt connect to 3g. After a couple of battery pulls and a hard restart it would work. Then the screen would go all blurry, lines through it. Removed SD card and that seemed to fix it that problem, but it keeps repeating droid. So I'm next in line again for a new droid X. Going to do a format of the card on my PC.

Verizon rep told me all verizon stores in the USA were sold out and there sold out online. So verizon spokeswoman go work for apple if your going to gives bull information.

Last edited by a moderator:

dxuser

Reaction score
Just got my droid x and so far nothing but problems. Had it for 1 hour. At the store the piece of **** wouldnt connect to 3g. After a couple of battery pulls and a hard restart it would work. Then the screen would go all blurry, lines through it. Removed SD card and that seemed to fix it that problem, but it keeps repeating droid. So I'm next in line again for a new droid X. Going to do a format of the card on my PC.

Verizon rep told me all verizon stores in the USA were sold out and there sold out online. So verizon spokeswoman go work for apple if your going to gives bull information.

Out of the huge number of ANY device, be it a phone, computer or whatever, there are going to be a few malfunctioning units. Sucks. I would be pissed too. However, it goes with the territory when dealing with electronics.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
You shouldn't have left the store when you saw the issues connecting to the network/3g.

You should have told them to get you another one.

You should be good to go on your next one but I don't blame you its aggravating to go through these problems.

Good luck

Sent from my Droid

Spaztazim

Reaction score
the 3g issue is know, verizon says their data activation server is overloaded, i want to say they said up to 2 days

OP
barski

barski

Reaction score
You shouldn't have left the store when you saw the issues connecting to the network/3g.

You should have told them to get you another one.

You should be good to go on your next one but I don't blame you its aggravating to go through these problems.

Good luck

Sent from my Droid

okay the rep said that if it does it again call him and he will get me a new one asap no charge for anything. Thye didnt have any other ones. They were sold out before they opened today i was the very last one to activate the phone in there chain of stores. the rep was the one having problems with the 3g, he said the activation part of the network was loaded. but the 3g works fine now.

Taking the SD card out helped the lines in the screen. but it still is messed up, it will darken and lighten up randomly and its like there is a screen on top of a screen but sorta transparent.

But as far as everything else i love it. This phone is amazing.

litso

Reaction score
Taking the SD card out helped the lines in the screen. but it still is messed up, it will darken and lighten up randomly and its like there is a screen on top of a screen but sorta transparent.

But as far as everything else i love it. This phone is amazing.

#1 - Automatic brightness adjustment. Happens according to changes in ambient lighting. If your hand passes over the ambient light sensor it will often dim the screen for a second. From your homescreen:
press the menu button > settings > display > brightness > disable automatic brightness

#2 - There is a screen on top of a screen, technically speaking. Probably every capacitative touch panel except for Samsung's Super-AMOLED is constructed in roughly this order from top to bottom:
Glass plate > touch sensing layer > display layer

This is also the reason AMOLED's have such dismally poor visibility in direct sunlight. The touch sensing layer reflects a large amount of the sunlight creating a glare on top of the actual display layer. Samsung figured out a way to put the touch layer beneath the display layer, which is why the Super-AMOLED has better visibility in direct sunlight, and looks crisper overall.

Last edited:
OP
barski

barski

Reaction score
When i had it working i watch some youtube videos outside and i could see the screen just fine, but now its unusable. I e-mail my local verizon rep, he e-mailed me back around 10pm last night letting me know that he has done everything he could to get me a new X asap. OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE

I'll try to get some pictures of my screen later this afternoon.

mapexvenus

Reaction score
I am thinking of taking my X back in and going back to my Incredible (for which I have a buyer who will be very disappointed to learn that he won't be getting this great phone)

erikfig

Reaction score
Nothing like the droid one yet!!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk