Juice Defender

kastein

Reaction score
I am posting this in the hacks forum because the recent update to juice defender checks for root. I am having issues with juice defender killing all data even when I need it. I was wondering if anybody has any settings that they use that doesn't kill the data...what happens is I will pull the phone out to use it and sometimes I will not have any icon in status bar....no 1g or 3g and the only way to resolve is reboot.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

GrillMouster

Reaction score
You have to wait a few seconds for the data to enable and the 3G icon to appear in the status bar. The JD instructions state this.

Mrwiley78

Reaction score
Does anyone use Juice Defender, if so any pros or cons, general tips? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

IamGov

Reaction score
IMO these types of programs are useless. They waste more memory and battery life than they save.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Mrwiley78

Reaction score
So whats a good app to use to save battery? I kno all the standard rules to save the battery but what app actually helps?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

AllieBaba

Reaction score
Does juice defender work? like saves battery & such:greendroid:

Mark Kropf

Reaction score
Absolutely works! With juice defender ultimate you can save considerable amount of battery, it's totally customizable on how you want it set up. However some may not like it set as conservative as it will go, but you can customize it for you.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

Jamis0n

Reaction score
the best way to conserve battery as well is to shut off your mobile data when not in use. i usually keep it off until i need to check facebook or surf the web.

Son_of_the_North

Reaction score
Does Juice Defender have any negative effects on the Droid X2?
like causing the phone to reset and stuff?
did anything happen to anyone else??
thanks!

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

callawassi

Reaction score
Has anyone downloaded "Juice Defender"?. I was wondering if this app would be applicable for ICS and, if so, what should be enabled/disabled? Since battery life is so critical I thought this might be a "must have" app.

bozidar0

Reaction score
Do not leave home with out Juice Defender, and Ultimate Juice! I get over 26 hours of moderate use with this app (including an extended battery, and brightness on 30%). Just make sure you have it toggle data on and off for you, and set it so the applications that need data turn it on in Triggers > Configure > Configure Apps > and choose which apps need data. Also use the Night mode to turn airplane mode on in Schedules > Night > enabled > and under it a ways will be Options and choose airplane.

callawassi

Reaction score
Thank you bozidar0. I will take your advice. I have LightFlow installed with hours at night into early morning to stay asleep. Also activated is option to be notified when Airplane mode is on/off. Should I make any changes to LightFlow?

GreenSnow

Reaction score
In my experience with JD I found that my battery was actually better without, I believe this to be due to JD was closing down auto-start programs, in turn causing the cpu to cycle more often using more battery. I will say that I am rooted and have de-bloated so have little to none auto start programs. So I uninstalled it, I also set my email/data to sleep at night and only sync every hour (through stock settings), another big juice eater.

Just ones experience/opinion

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

catfisher

Reaction score
Yes it will work without root. I have used it for well over on year on my X and now the Nexus. I love this program.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums