Juice defender

KsKnightmare

Reaction score
Juice defender sounds like a good idea to me, but if It turns data back on when I unlock my screen, will it end up killing my battery if I text a lot?

Sent by wasting my battery

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You'll get mixed answers on this subject. Personally, I saw no difference with JD so I uninstalled it.

DroidForums junkie!!

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
If you turn. your screen on/off a lot it will probably defeat its purpose. I don't and just having 3g off much of the day doubles my battery because I live in a bad signal area. Overall you will get mixed reviews from folks on JD and the way they use their phone is probably why.

Btw Juice has a widget to keep data turned off too...try that since data is not needed for SMS.

~ DroidForums.net App ~

Inverse

Reaction score
I love JD. If you're constantly using your phone, it won't really do much for you. The app is designed to kill the power bleed that happens when the phone is in your pocket or sitting on your desk discharging. It literally freezes the phones power draw while the screen is off.

Using my phone as a phone while on the go, and light use with movies on youtube, listening to music, etc, got about 52 hours on my Droid 2.

Maybe why its called Juice Defender and not Juice Maker. :3

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App