Juice Defender Free, Advanced task killer, Quick Settings (power program cocktail)

thenewmalcolm

Reaction score
(is using all of this counter productive?)

OK so ,maybe what I'm running here could be considered overkill. What I'm wondering is if running juice defender (JDF) and task killer (ATK) simultaneously could be counter productive.

Obviously I've made sure that (jdf) is one of the tasks being ignored within the task killer. Unfortunately my methods have been rather unscientific in terms of monitoring the impact of the programs separately or together.

Additionally, since these programs are designed to maintain processing speed as well as battery power, can I expect improvement in benchmark testing?

What other programs would you recommend?

Reaction score
There was a thread yesterday that stated JDF does not work on CDMA phones like the droid on verizon. I was surprised as I have it running and thought I noticed a change in battery life. Also the little monitor thing says it helped increase my battery x.xx over the last 48 hours. It wasn't huge, but I thought I noticed something. Just my mind looking for something that wasn't there I guess.

OP
T

thenewmalcolm

Reaction score
I thought I noticed a small improvement also. But the task killer just seems logical.

searayman

Reaction score
this is the third separate post i am posting this in. Juice defender currently does not work on cdma 2.1 phones and the developer knows this. I am currently on the testing team testing new version and helping to try and find a fix. The developers is working hard on this daily and it is near being fixed (will not give an eta cause no one has an idea).

the latest test build successful shuts off data, but there is a bug with getting it turned back on.

Reaction score
You don't need a taskkiller to automatically kills tasks. I have one and use it only to close apps that are hung up or acting strangely. I don't use to auto-close anything. The Android O/S can run all the apps in the background using very little memory so it's really not needed.