Joining the S6 camp

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Well, VZW tempted me and I gave in.

This weekend they sent out emails about an offer for the S6...get up to $200 off the device when making payments over 2 years. I first got the email Friday when the sale started (which ends today apparently) and just threw it aside. Yesterday I got another email about it and started considering it.

Then I read another article last night that the S6 is going to be the first device on VZW to utilize wifi calling. That really got me thinking. Since my neighborhood is in a known "marginal service" area for VZW, I've had to use a network extender to make calls. But even that doesn't work so much. When they announced wifi calling is coming, that got me thinking...until they initially said it was only going to be for iPhones at first. But now with the S6 getting on it first, I figured this might work out for me.

So I've ordered the phone and changed my plan...got some deal too where it's only $37 for the 3 GB option. I kinda hate giving up my UDP but with this new setup for me, even with the phone payment factored in (the only way to get the $200 off), I'm still coming out cheaper than my old plan.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Best buy had them for $50 a couple weeks ago.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Congrats @IIGood The S6 is a great choice... Let us know your opinion once you have it for a few days..

OP
IIGood

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Thanks @Jeffrey; will do. I'm coming off of a first-gen Moto X which I was rather pleased with...only switching mainly due to the WiFi calling feature. Hoping this helps me out at home.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Thanks @Jeffrey; will do. I'm coming off of a first-gen Moto X which I was rather pleased with...only switching mainly due to the WiFi calling feature. Hoping this helps me out at home.
It should do wonders for those with spotty service..

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
2 year contract

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
No much difference in 2 year contract and paying for a device for 2 years. Other than saving $400 with best buy.

OP
IIGood

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
The device arrived today and so far so good. Really just going through the setup process at the moment and familiarizing myself with things.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Let us know your thoughts once familiar with the S6.

OP
IIGood

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I think I've now got it to a point that it's usable. All my apps, settings and preferences are intact, but there may be something that comes up later that I didn't know about.

Got the fingerprint sensor working. Nice little feature.

And got the Advanced Calling all activated. HD calls sound amazing. WiFi calling seems to work nicely too.

Still really diggin' it.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Congrats! on the new S6! Glad to hear you're liking it

Sent from my Nexus 6P