Jelly Bean

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I will say the same thing I said in the pm I got... this is the first I have heard of this leak, and I can NOT say if it will work on a Maxx or not. Until someone tries it and says for sure that it will work I cannot and will not guarantee it... and no I will not be the guinea pig either LOL :eek:

EDIT: I also don't even know if the Razr M can be rooted or not. I prefer having root over having jelly bean any day of the week. When I get more info I will pass it along...

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Leak only works on the M.

sent via Tapatalk on my Razr Maxx HD

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the short response, wanted to get that out there in case I wasn't back on for awhile.

And the M can be rooted now thanks to djrbliss. Been trying to get some of that info posted here but it's been a busy few days. And the fxz files out there DO work from the JB leak. Now I just want a JB leak for the HD. ;)

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sorry for the short response, wanted to get that out there in case I wasn't back on for awhile.

And the M can be rooted now thanks to djrbliss. Been trying to get some of that info posted here but it's been a busy few days. And the fxz files out there DO work from the JB leak. Now I just want a JB leak for the HD. ;)

I'm just getting used to ICS on my Maxx ... I'm in no rush for JB because my phone does exactly what I want it to do, and it took me a long time to get it just the way I wanted it, and my work schedule doesn't afford me the time to re-do everything for JB. I plan to wait a while. :)

cubsfan2113

Reaction score
MattyP said:
I'm just getting used to ICS on my Maxx ... I'm in no rush for JB because my phone does exactly what I want it to do, and it took me a long time to get it just the way I wanted it, and my work schedule doesn't afford me the time to re-do everything for JB. I plan to wait a while. :)

JB isn't a radical change from ICS. In most ways it is exactly the same but everything just works smoother and better with a few new features added.

When I put the JB leak on my M, I found no need to change any of my current setup. I almost can't tell the difference at a glance. The biggest change is the improvements to smoothness and flow.

Sent from RAZR M running Jelly Bean

sweenbeen

Reaction score
Still no OTA, figured I'd update ha...

Sent from my Motorola RazrM using Droid Forums

cubsfan2113

Reaction score
After running the JB leak for almost a week I have noticed one other benefit. Longer battery life! I know that JB is supposed to control CPU power usage better and I would say it does. Phone is lightning fast when needed, but goes into power save when demand is low. Not huge increase but is noticeable. Still loving JB.

Sent from RAZR M running Jelly Bean

Mr.Craig

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Just got notified! Have to wait until I am at home on wifi to DL though.

sweenbeen

Reaction score
Mr.Craig said:
Just got notified! Have to wait until I am at home on wifi to DL though.

Ya i just saw an article on it! I don't have an ota for it though

Sent from my Motorola RazrM using Droid Forums

jf300

Reaction score
I just received the notification as well and it's downloading now...

ForumRunner_20121109_153150.png

slsmag

Reaction score
DROID RAZR M by Motorola is the second Verizon Wireless smartphone to be upgraded to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. The software upgrade will be pushed to customers in phases starting Nov. 9. Customers who would like to manually download the upgrade through the settings menu will be able to within the next week.

Jelly Bean includes enhancements and new features like Google Now which shows relevant information based on time and current location. Users can get the local weather forecast before starting their day or see how long their commute will be before even leaving the house.

Customers will also experience an enhanced notification panel that displays missed calls and emails, and lets them return the call or reply to the email right from the notification. Jelly Bean’s smart keyboard has improved accuracy and suggests the next word before it is even typed.

Additionally, the new software will make the DROID RAZR M the next ISIS ready smartphone. Salt Lake City and Austin are the first cities to take advantage of ISIS Mobile Wallet. Customers there will be able to turn the DROID RAZR M into their wallet and make payments by just tapping their phone at any ISIS Ready merchant.

Additional information on the Jelly Bean upgrade can be found on the DROID RAZR M support page.