1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

itunes remote help

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by Fa11enIcon, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Fa11enIcon

Fa11enIcon New Member

I have the droid eris. im running windows 7 with itunes 9. i followed some dudes guide on this forum how to manually enter ip to sync, got nothin. it just keeps searching for library. i opened port 3869, libraries on share, i even shut off my firewall. still got nothing. it wont even detect my eris as a device the phone just keeps searching. anyone??
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I used a program called double twist on my Droid. It's free off the internet just do a google. It will download your iTunes to your Droid, let you set up play lists, etc. It also does pictures too.
  3. carbine

carbine New Member

I think he's talking about TunesRemote, an app that lets you control iTunes via your Android phone.

Did you go to Edit > Preferences > Sharing and enable sharing? You also need to enter a password. Once you do that, continue with the manual IP entry from your Android phone. I got mine to show up like that, but it wouldn't connect, no matter how many passwords I tried. Then I just restarted iTunes and tried again, entered the password on both my Droid AND iTunes and it connected right up.

Edit: Also, are you doing this via wifi? I haven't tried this via 3G yet.
  4. Fa11enIcon

Fa11enIcon New Member

yea im looking for a remote for my itunes so i can conrol itunes from my phone. its all through wifi and i enabled sharing. i restarted itunes and still got nothing and i know my phone is connected to the same wifi. ill try again but theres got to be something im missing or it might be windows 7
Search tags for this page

how to setup itunes remote android

iremote android port

itunes android remote help