It is true or not. free android phone on cnet

asheyli

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]I found astonishing news on cnet, get a free android phone. Weekend steal: Get a free Android phone | The Cheapskate - CNET News Even offers a HD video converter for android users as bonus deal. Such a perfect offer. It really can not [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]believe. But it is on cnet, so famous web. But if it is true. [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]So how does it work if I'm already a Verizon customer and I have a corporate discount - does the company work with that?[/FONT]

Asterisk

Reaction score
I don't think it is cnet that is offering the free phone. I just glanced over it real fast but it looks to be wirefly offering the free phone.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just played around with the offer, and here is the scoop.
For the Droid:
It is FREE for a NEW contract.
If you buy the phone WITH OUT a contract (ie: not eligible for an upgrade) it will cost you $539.99.
If you are ADDING A LINE to an existing contract, it will cost you $49.99.

If you are planning on upgrading and cant take advantage of the current BOGO on the Droid, (Only planning on buying 1 phone) its not a bad deal. Otherwise, Id just go get one through VZW.

PS:
The Ally is free for new contracts, and adding lines to existing contracts, and retail price is $399.99.
The Eris is the same as the Ally, but the retail price is $449.99.

Last edited: