Issues with Text msgs and MMS

Anomander

Reaction score
All,
This week my V20 has been giving me a lot of issues of not sending Texts and or MMS. Lately it is now having issues downloading texts as well. I'm on the Verzion LTE network and usually us Go SMS Pro for my messaging app. I have used both the Stock App and Google Messages app and both give the same issue. Any ideas on what I should do? I have not seen an update for this phone so I don't think an update has caused the issue. I am at the point where I am ready for a factory reset to see if that resolves the issue, but I hate having to redownload everything.

Any help or comments would be appreciated. Missing texts is killing me and almost got me in trouble with work for calling out yesterday!

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I had a very similar issue where I couldn't receive or send any mms, I was using textra. I tried about 5 different apps and the only one that worked was yaata sms. It's super customizable, I'll post a link below.

Give the app a shot and see if it fixes your issues. Good luck

YAATA SMS - Android Apps on Google Play

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

OP
Anomander

Anomander

Reaction score
I had a very similar issue where I couldn't receive or send any mms, I was using textra. I tried about 5 different apps and the only one that worked was yaata sms. It's super customizable, I'll post a link below.

Give the app a shot and see if it fixes your issues. Good luck

YAATA SMS - Android Apps on Google Play

Trying it now. Seems to work so far. Thanks for the recommendation!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Trying it now. Seems to work so far. Thanks for the recommendation!

No problem, I was incredibly frustrated when my phone was doing that, ended up chatting with the textra devs over like 30 emails, sent them logs etc etc and tried a ton of apps.

Thankfully I'm a programmer so I can appreciate and understand the debugging process.

Best of luck.

OP
Anomander

Anomander

Reaction score
I was just trying to avoid the factory reset. I'll admit I'm lazy since I have a ton of apps that would have to redownload.

I just wished I knew what caused it to go bonkers in the first place

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I was just trying to avoid the factory reset. I'll admit I'm lazy since I have a ton of apps that would have to redownload.

I just wished I knew what caused it to go bonkers in the first place

That's exactly why I searched for a solution.... I used to flash and reset almost weekly... I'm lucky to do it ever six months of even that now. I just don't have the time anymore lol.

OP
Anomander

Anomander

Reaction score
For yaata is there a setting that in group texts the roles go into the thread I started? Right now I'm getting replies from the individuals vs a group

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
For yaata is there a setting that in group texts the roles go into the thread I started? Right now I'm getting replies from the individuals vs a group

There is a setting somewhere for that... I'm not sure what it is. You can contact the Dev directly and he can probably tell you exactly where to go. I'll look through the settings and see if I can find it.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
It also might be on the senders side too... If they are setup to respond to each person individually vs responding to the group