Issues with displaying flash content in browser

leobg

Reaction score
I have started experiencing a strange issue when displaying certain flash elements in browser. As it is difficult to describe it I decided to post couple of screen shots:
2011-09-19_12-07-34_655.jpg
This is from Speedtest.net - Speedtest.net Mini - see the speed test applet looks all garbled and distorded - almost nothing is readable on it

Or this one - plain old youtube:
2011-09-19_12-12-21_221.jpg
Note how youtube position dot is just a square of random coloured dots, as well as most controls in the control bar at the bottom and the advertisement in the top left corner. Interestingly - the resolution switcher doesn't get garbled. Also - streamed content looks fine.

I tried removing Flash update from market, clearing cache from boot menu of the phone even - nothing - always like that. So I decided - no brainer - Motorola - let's do a hard reset and it should go away. So I do a hard reset and first thing I try - flash. Worked fine - I said "I knew it". Went through the whole configuration of my phone. At the end - I try flash again - and guess what - same issue again! So, I thought, it must be something I install. Without much hesitation I do another hard reset, and this time including erasing storage area - just to be 100% clean, I bypass all setups and everything and head straight to the browser. So here is what happens - upon first start of the browser and first using flash content - all is ok. But if I move to another page - things get garbled. I tried Dolphin HD and Maxthon browsers - absolutely the same effect there. After some more experiments (shot the whole day yesterday...) I figured, no need of hard reset - only if I clear data of the browser from the applications menu (any of them) - upon first use flash is fine. Today I decided to try Opera Mobile. And it does not experience this effect - flash looks fine all the time with it. And now I am totally confused.
I am pretty sure at the beginning there was no such issue (I have the phone for a bit over a month now). I guess it appeared in the last few days.
I am wondering if this could be a hardware issue. Other than this - phone seems to be functioning totally fine.
Anyone else seen something like that on their phone?

NoBloatware

Reaction score
I assume you've gone to the market, searched for Adobe Flash, and updated to the newest version, right?

OP
L

leobg

Reaction score
I assume you've gone to the market, searched for Adobe Flash, and updated to the newest version, right?

Yes, tried both stock flash and updated from market with the same result. I wish there was SBF available for our phones so I can at least try that to rule out any software glitch possibility.

Sent from my XT860 using Tapatalk