issues while running

wabi515

Reaction score
I carry my phone with my while I run. It's in a case, but I use it for music and a gps tracking app to log my runs. I had the phone a week and I went running. The screen froze up totally, there wasn't anything i could do, or Verizon techs could do, to unfreeze it so they replaced it. Now, for the last week when I run, the phone has been making calls or the voice command has been starting up. When I'm running the screen is locked and off, so i don't know why this is happening. I'm so pissed. Anyone with similar issues? Anything I can do? I like the phone alright, but I'm so frustrated. I run a lot, so this is really making me mad.

karlo2012

Reaction score
I had similar issues with a different phone so I figured if I set the ringer to off & only vibrate it may help. It did. I haven't had issues with my Razr Maxx..well except for every onece in a while after I turn on & unlock the screen, I see the voice command box on the screen. It hasn't happened enough for me to keep the phone on silent though.

reinholdr

Reaction score
reply to issues while running

I carry my phone with my while I run. It's in a case, but I use it for music and a gps tracking app to log my runs. I had the phone a week and I went running. The screen froze up totally, there wasn't anything i could do, or Verizon techs could do, to unfreeze it so they replaced it. Now, for the last week when I run, the phone has been making calls or the voice command has been starting up. When I'm running the screen is locked and off, so i don't know why this is happening. I'm so pissed. Anyone with similar issues? Anything I can do? I like the phone alright, but I'm so frustrated. I run a lot, so this is really making me mad.

I had the same problem, which apparently was triggered when I listened to music and podcasts with my earphones. Most of the time the unwanted dialing and voice commands occurred when I was jogging. But there was one instance when the Razr Maxx began to dial the last number dialed while I was listening to a news program while sitting down. The first Verizon sales person I described this to did a hard reset but the problem didn't go away. The second sales person I dealt with says this was the first time he heard of the problem with the Razr but did say he heard of these bugs with other Droid phones. He ordered a replacement phone for me which arrived the next day via Fed Ex. However, today I experienced the auto-dial and voice command bug with the new phone while I was listening to internet radio and running. I guess I can set the ringer to off but I still don't see how that will prevent the dialing or voice commands from interrupting what I'm listening to. Motorola needs to develop a patch to correct this problem.

OP
W

wabi515

Reaction score
I'm glad I am not the only one. After you posted this, I found 3 other people who have experienced their phones auto dialing and the voice command prompt starting spontaneously.

Motorola says that the phone should not be used while running and blames my problem on humidity and seat getting to the phone while I'm running. Which is just bull, but at least I know it's not just me. I have a Verizon Tech calling me back tomorrow to follow up, so I am going to make him aware that it isn't just me. At least they can start to document the issues.

reinholdr

Reaction score
I'm glad I am not the only one. After you posted this, I found 3 other people who have experienced their phones auto dialing and the voice command prompt starting spontaneously.

Motorola says that the phone should not be used while running and blames my problem on humidity and seat getting to the phone while I'm running. Which is just bull, but at least I know it's not just me. I have a Verizon Tech calling me back tomorrow to follow up, so I am going to make him aware that it isn't just me. At least they can start to document the issues.

I called Motorola tech support this evening and the person I spoke with entered this problem into their system. He claimed not to have seen any reports of this before. The issue will be forwarded to their technicians but there is no established time frame for responding to me. They may email me with a suggested or actual fix next week, next month or not at all. Having said that, I think the more people that call Motorola about this problem they better, since they're the ones who have to find a soluton and not Verizon. This evening I visited the Verizon store where I purchased my Razr Maxx. The store manager on duty claimed that since the problem persists even after re-setting my original phone to factory settings and then replacing it, it must be the headphones. He did say that if replacing the headphones doesn't do the trick, they will try something else, whatever that might be. Thus far, Verizon has documented the problem in some sort of notes section in my account. But to the best of my knowledge they have not submitted this issue to their technical staff. I'm not sure what the options are other than Motorola identifying and correcting the problem or Verizon replacing my current Razr Maxx with a different smart phone.

OP
W

wabi515

Reaction score
I used 3 different headphones to try it out. I also had the issue a few times in the car while using an aux port in my car to listen to music on my phones. I will call Motorola to let them know of the issue as well. Two people at my work have the same issue as well, which I found out once I started asking around. I run regularly and listen to audio on my phone daily, so I switched phones. Verizon said the problem would have to persist through a third phone for them to switch phones for me. I ended up just giving up and selling my Maxx and buying a iPhone 4s. I don't live in a 4g area and it turns out I like the smaller screen. Thankfully it worked out for me. I hope they fix the issue. Have you upgraded to android 4.0?