issue with rooted droid2 help me please

Riayoko

Reaction score
Okay this is the problem. I made a huge mistake by updating from 2.2 to 2.3.3(gingerbread) without unrooting first so now im stuck I can't unroot with z4root now and I have gingerbreak but cant reroot with it just not working. Tether wont work without unrooting and rooting and that's the reason for rooting to start with can someone help me please!

dpat

Reaction score
I am having same issue

I posted earlier today as well. I am having the same problem. My wife updated my phone for me and she didn't know it needed to be unrooted first. I am having all kinds of problems. My battery is only lasting about and hour. My driod 2 seems to be running hotter than I have ever felt it. Sometimes it wont even answer or call out. It doesnt seem to even want to charge.
I am hoping a genius on here can help. Please keep me posted if you have any success. Help!

sb5687

Reaction score
Sounds like sbf will be the fix. If you have never done that there are tons of threads explaining how to do it

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
R

Riayoko

Reaction score
i tried to just root it again but didnt make it where i can use the open garden wifi tether so i tried to to unroot then and i get ERROR /restore/ backup doesn't exist or is incomplete! These files must be downloaded and saved to your computer in a /restore/ subfolder how do i go about fixin this problem?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i tried to just root it again but didnt make it where i can use the open garden wifi tether so i tried to to unroot then and i get ERROR /restore/ backup doesn't exist or is incomplete! These files must be downloaded and saved to your computer in a /restore/ subfolder how do i go about fixin this problem?

Do you have a Superuser icon?

OP
R

Riayoko

Reaction score
i do have the superuser but i have a question i am watching a video on SBF droid 2 would this solve the problem and unroot the phone? i dont know anything about this so what exactly will it do i mean just unroot the phone?

OP
R

Riayoko

Reaction score
Can anyone help me please im so tired of dealing with this I have tried everything im beginning to think flashing is the only way to get things done but I don't want to lose all my stuff..

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

dpat

Reaction score
I had to do a factory reset

Can anyone help me please im so tired of dealing with this I have tried everything im beginning to think flashing is the only way to get things done but I don't want to lose all my stuff..

Sorry for all your problems. I had the same issues, finally I just had to do the factory reset. If you do make sure you back up your photos and contacts. Im hesitate to do the d3 root.....we'll see!

OP
R

Riayoko

Reaction score
Okay now I did the and flash and reset back to 2.2 then update to 2.3.3 and the oneclick root and now im messed up again cause now the open garden wifi is not working for the laptop and when I connect the tether I can't use my phone internet and on top of that when I try to use the tether and use the internet I get a vzw page talking about paying 20 bucks for mobile hotspot I mean wtf I wish someone has a solution??