OTA'd Gingerbread. Now stuck.

jwalts27

Reaction score
I was stock 2.2 and rooted with gingerbreak and some apps frozen via TiBackup. I did not unroot but my phone downloaded the OTA and installed no problem. Now when i look i have superuser and gingerbreak in my apps still, but not rooted anymore. And i cant access tibackup to defrost apps. Any ideas what to do here. Will gingerbreak still unroot itself even in gingerbread and not froyo? or for that matter will gingerbreak root the OTA Gbread?

Tapped From My Rooted X2

Last edited:

apacseven

Reaction score
We're currently waiting for a root method on OTA Gingerbread, gingerbreak does not work. If you want root in GB, you will need to follow the guides floating around to SBF back to 2.2 and install the pre-rooted GB update.

OP
J

jwalts27

Reaction score
thats kinda what i thought, my main concern is where did all the Apps go that i froze in Titanium backup prior to my OTA? I cant get back into TiB to defrost them. if i do a factory reset on 2.3 will they re appear? or am i stuck until a root method is gained?

EvilTim

Reaction score
thats kinda what i thought, my main concern is where did all the Apps go that i froze in Titanium backup prior to my OTA? I cant get back into TiB to defrost them. if i do a factory reset on 2.3 will they re appear? or am i stuck until a root method is gained?

If you want the bloat apps back you need to sbf back to 2.2.2, if you want to keep root there is threads on how to update to the prerooted version on xda forum

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Reaction score
Currently this is the only method to root Droid X2 running GB.

UPDATED - [HOW-TO] SBF back to stock Froyo, Update to P3Droids Pre-Rooted GB Update - xda-developers

You have to flash back to a clean SBF of Froyo, root that, and use that install a pre rooted GB install that p3droid hacked up for us. It is stock OEM update except that it has been rooted. You can then use TI to freeze the new apps. Don't use TI to restore anything unless it was a third party app that didn't come with the phone.