Issue with ringtones for texts

Gerane

Reaction score
I'm running 1.5 liberty with purple theme from toolbox. Handcent installed. This is a fresh install from yesterday.

My issue, is I have all notifications turned off in the stock messenger. However, when I get a text, I'll get my handcent ringtone as well as some other word ringtone at the same time. It is a phone ringtone I had never heard before. It is a song of whistles and birds twirping.

The big problem here, of this ringtone will not stop until I touch the notification bar.

So for example, while at work, if I leave my phone at my desk and get a text it will ring til I turn it off by touching the notification bar.

Its killing me, any one know what's causing the problem?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

rfranken

Reaction score
I've had something similar. When changing roms handcent keeps some of the settings when restoring from Titanium but not all it seems. A txt would cause handcent to have some very long notification sound until I changed it.

But your saying you get your handcent sound AND this other long annoying sound. So I'm not sure what happening there?

Maybe clear the data and cache of Handcent?? worth a try.

OP
G

Gerane

Reaction score
I'll try that, though this ringtone is not an option in handcent and I've never seen it before

OP
G

Gerane

Reaction score
That didn't work. I'm going to try installing it. See if it still does it with it uninstalled

OP
G

Gerane

Reaction score
Well, uninstalled handcent, and this is still occurring. Ill get the droid yet alert from my default text sound, as well as the weird song. Its looking like this is a liberty issue.

Anyone have any suggestions?

S

rfranken

Reaction score
Would be good to know for sure....
go through all the sounds on your phone and see if you can find that song/sound

Have you gone into Settings and Sound settings to make sure that isn't setup in your Notifications sound?

OP
G

Gerane

Reaction score
nope, everything is set up right there

I did however find the ringtone. Its the one called bird loop in the system phone ringtones

OP
G

Gerane

Reaction score
Talked to a few other people with a similar issue. Anyone have any ideas?

OP
G

Gerane

Reaction score
Not going to be able to til monday