Issue with Google Voice on my Moto Droid

JayC707

Reaction score
Hey,

I setup my google voice account on my moto droid before installing the actual application. So, the phone believes that setup was successful but whenever you call my phone it doesn't go to voicemail, it just does the "beep beep" and hangs up. When I login to my google voice account, I can listen to my greeting, etc. but it seems that the two are not communicating because I installed the application after setting up the account.

Has anyone seen or heard about this? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

PsychoDroid

Reaction score
Not trying to hijack your topic, but I have a different issue. Maybe we can both get answers.

The Google Voice number is not a Verizon number. Does anyone know if it counts towards your minutes used?

liquidzoo

Reaction score
Hey,

I setup my google voice account on my moto droid before installing the actual application. So, the phone believes that setup was successful but whenever you call my phone it doesn't go to voicemail, it just does the "beep beep" and hangs up. When I login to my google voice account, I can listen to my greeting, etc. but it seems that the two are not communicating because I installed the application after setting up the account.

Has anyone seen or heard about this? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app, or setting up the forwarding again on the web, that might help.

Not trying to hijack your topic, but I have a different issue. Maybe we can both get answers.

The Google Voice number is not a Verizon number. Does anyone know if it counts towards your minutes used?

Yes, it does. You can put it in your Friends & Family if your plan qualifies to get around that, though.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Try reinstalling the GV app on your phone after you have everything set on the Google Voice settings page. This is what I did and had no problem :)