Is your droid laggy often like mine?

wil318466

Reaction score
I always have to ask this.... laggy compared to what?...

An iPhone which cant multi-task?

A HTC hero with half the Pixels that need to be rendered compared to a droid?

A motorola e815...lol?

A blackberry... HAHA JK

I will admit that the droid can...studder... but I have never really found it laggy. It is not an optimized phone...and has a long way to go...(we are all beta testers for Google...remember when gmail came out... it took a while for it to get where it is today) The droid is a whole new phone ...with a significantly different OS than even 1.5... alot of changes have been made to the front end and the back end and on different hardware to boot.

Dont worry...the lag will go away... HTC did it with the Hero...so im pretty sure it will happen on the Droid also... its just a matter of time.

I agree. I'm just being honest. No need to sugarcoat things or pretend there aren't some issues, there are. It doesn't disregard all the great things about the phone.

acturbo

Reaction score
Def could also be an App issue. I installed Slacker radio yesterday and used it 3 times until my phone lagged to the point that my widgets literally no longer worked. Uninstalled Slacker and now everything is smooth as can be. I have also tried a few of the Home replacement apps(Home++ and Panda) and these also made my phone a little choppy as well.

wil318466

Reaction score
Def could also be an App issue. I installed Slacker radio yesterday and used it 3 times until my phone lagged to the point that my widgets literally no longer worked. Uninstalled Slacker and now everything is smooth as can be. I have also tried a few of the Home replacement apps(Home++ and Panda) and these also made my phone a little choppy as well.

As soon as I read your reply, I uninstalled slacker (I don't use it anyway) and my phone seems faster. Really.

I did the app drawer test 3 times, and its DEFINATELY faster.

Sigh.. must be these apps that are written poorly. I knew that was what it was, since the phone was faster before I started downloading every app out there. lol

Thanks man.

-Wil

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've got Slacker installed and not noticing any decrease in performance... but I'll keep an eye out for it.