is this a Helix issue or...?

c_law23

Reaction score
So I haven't had any problems with my phone but it's gotten a bit glitchy since installing Helix. Not bad enough for me to not use it or anything..just weird.

Though it might be Handcent maybe... anyway.

When i was in my gallery i hit share and picked message with handcent and when i add someone to send it to it just.. well tries to call them? it wont let me input a number into the "to" field from my contact list if search for their name. Like if i scroll through and pick someone its fine, but if i pick the search icon within the contact list then it tries to call whoever i bring up.

Then later i was on my home screen and hit the message icon to go to my conversations and it took me to my contacts.

also sometimes my ringtones don't go off when i get calls. My phone will just vibrate... Am i right in assuming that if you are using your phone to browse it will vibrate and not ring? which is fine but it wasnt ringing when the screen was off.

also i never get facebook notifications.. but that seems to be a common problem. and yes i do have it set to receive.

another weird thing is the videos in my gallery. when they are stacked and i expand them some of the pictures it shows for the videos are even the right videos... and sometimes it takes the gallery a long time to update with pictures ive recently taken. Like I'll take the pictures and the next time i come in they might not be there... I'll have to exit out and come back again.

Anyway, I'm not in here whining about my phone :p just was wondering if anyone else had similar issues or know what the deal is.

thanks!

OP
c_law23

c_law23

Reaction score
also this isnt a glitch as much as its just really really annoying... i get forwards from friends to my yahoo account. I hit settings>forward... then i have no way of adding contacts.... i can only input manually...<sigh>

toddegreene

Reaction score
Which version of Helix are you using? Version 2 doesn't work with the Droid.

toddegreene

Reaction score
Did you happen to change the number of screen without removing all the apps? This causes problems, especially when reducing the number of screens.

OP
c_law23

c_law23

Reaction score
I had a few apps on the homepage when i installed it. the ones that came with the phone, none from the marketplace. though i never decreased the number of screens. I went to 7 from the get go, it erased my apps and then it restarted and off i went.

OP
c_law23

c_law23

Reaction score
also, now I'll be in the middle of a text message and the keyboard just goes away.. its happened a few times today.