Is there an App for organizing contacts?

slayerbizkit

Reaction score
I want to organize my contacts in such a way where I can have different categories like Friends, Work, Home, etc. Are there any free apps that can do this?

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Quoting TechRepublic:

Note: All Google contacts will belong to their own group, “Google.” You cannot reassign those contacts or assign them to multiple groups. You can manage your Google contacts from within your Google account, but you will not be able to see those actions (such as adding Google contacts to groups within Google) on your Android phone.

For contacts that are on your phone, you can create groups by following these steps:

1. Open the Contacts application.
2. Tap the Groups tab.
3. Tap the Menu button.
4. Tap the Create button.
5. Create your new group.

The Groups tab also includes all social media accounts you have authenticated on your phone. Follow these steps to assign a contact to a group:

1. Tap the Groups tab.
2. Tap the Add Member button.
3. Select all contacts you want to join the group.
4. Tap the Add button.

Irony58

Reaction score
I'm thinking that contact groups is broken on my Droid 2. First, I wanted to just sync my google contact groups with my Android contacts. The contacts sync over, but the groups don't. My searching found nothing that would help. Basically, using Contacts on my Droid doesn't bring up the same menus others see. Displaying Groups does not bring up my Google Contact Groups.

And now, I tried adding groups directly to my phone. I can add the group, but I can't add contacts to the new group. I follow the steps above and it acts like it's working, but none of the contacts I add to the new group show up. I always get "This group has no contacts."

I can't see any way I could be screwing up. There's not a whole lot of steps to get wrong.

Last edited: