Is there a way to stop phone from locking when asleep?

liguy257

Reaction score
I checked around in the settings but didn't see anything... Anyone know if there's a way to stop the phone from locking when it's put in sleep mode or screensaver mode, whatever it's called. I'm constantly going back and forth to it and it gets annoying to have to unlock every single time. And I don't want to change the sleep settings because it will kill the battery.

Maybe there's an app or something if not an actual setting? Any ideas?

Thanks

OP
L

liguy257

Reaction score
check out screenmodewidget I believe it's called.

Just downloaded this and it works perfect. For the record, you can set what you want then take the widget off your screen and it still works.

Same here, works good. myLock sounds good but I can find where to download, so I just went for the other one. I like the simplicty of the widget. The only thing I don't like is the icon on the notification bar but there doesn't seems to be a way to get rid of that.

Thanks! I was going crazy unlocking it every five seconds

jasonb

Reaction score
check out screenmodewidget I believe it's called.

Just downloaded this and it works perfect. For the record, you can set what you want then take the widget off your screen and it still works.

Same here, works good. myLock sounds good but I can find where to download, so I just went for the other one. I like the simplicty of the widget. The only thing I don't like is the icon on the notification bar but there doesn't seems to be a way to get rid of that.

Thanks! I was going crazy unlocking it every five seconds

mylock isn't on the market. you have to download it from the internet and install it, which is no big deal. i had it installed on my phone twice. i thought i hated the lock screen but then i changed my mind and wanted it back.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
myLock download is here myLock for android

myLock, as of now (as there are other things in development :)) uses ONLY the power button to 'wake' the phone.

ScreenModeWidget uses the power button, volume rocker, and camera button to 'wake' the phone.

Just an FYI for some of you who are concerned with being 'awoken' in their pocket. The power button is recessed so it takes pressure, where as the volume rocker and camera button are much more likely to accidentally be pressed.

OP
L

liguy257

Reaction score
ScreenModeWidget uses the power button, volume rocker, and camera button to 'wake' the phone.

Just an FYI for some of you who are concerned with being 'awoken' in their pocket. The power button is recessed so it takes pressure, where as the volume rocker and camera button are much more likely to accidentally be pressed.

Yeah see this is gonna be my problem--I am a serial pocket dialer so the my lock will probably be better since it only uses the power button, which is what I want. I guess I will try to download it. If I can't figure it out I'll be back

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Yeah see this is gonna be my problem--I am a serial pocket dialer so the my lock will probably be better since it only uses the power button, which is what I want. I guess I will try to download it. If I can't figure it out I'll be back
Make sure if your phone's settings > applications > you enable "unkown sources" check box. Otherwise it won't let you install the mylock.apk

OP
L

liguy257

Reaction score
I've been using myLock and it's been working, but today I noticed that my screen wasn't going to sleep at all. I'm not sure if I changed something. When I go into the app I see the selection for "keep screen awake" but it's not checked. Not sure what the deal is.

Anyone? Bueller?

EDIT: Nevermind, I went into the timeout settings and apparently there was nothing selected. No clue how that happened since I've never even gone in there but whatev.

Does anyone know if future versions of myLock will eliminate the lock screen from showing up at all? That's the ONLY flaw I can see. It's slight annoying because when I wake the phone up and see that screen I automatically reach for the slider but then it goes away. Would rather just not see it at all.

Last edited: