Is there a way to get exchange email on Droid?

carp123

Reaction score
I was told at the Verizon store that the droid only takes gmail. Is this true? I need to get my work email on my phone.

Droids

Reaction score
Droid can work with any email account. There's a gmail app and a regular email app pre-installed. You'll need to ask your IT admins for the settings.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
The native email app can sync with exchange. Depending on your servers settings you may need a third party app such as Touchdown. Works great.

arw01

Reaction score
completely and utterly false. I have exchange running great on my phone. The only thing I have not found is the ability to SEARCH the email or filter it in anyway.

Limbermind

Reaction score
This thread has me confused, but to the OP-> I have exchange running on my Droid-2.1. It works flawlessly. It does require someone in IT that gives two craps that you want it running though.

The setup on the Droid was simple. My IT guy had to flip a few switches and sacrifice a goat to get it working on the server side.

FWIW

dylanthecat

Reaction score
completely and utterly false. I have exchange running great on my phone. The only thing I have not found is the ability to SEARCH the email or filter it in anyway.

Touchdown has search and filters that work pretty good.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Touchdown has search and filters that work pretty good.

And Touchdown has a 5 day free trial.....I use it, It does everything but notes...