Is there a new battery issue going around?

MonKENy

Reaction score
A co worker has a DX and yesterday she tells me that all of a sudden the battery discharged very rapidly and when she tried to charge it it wouldnt go past 10% but when she unplugged it still held a charge for a long time. I just shrugged it off cause I figured its her phone. She is Stock unrooted running go power master and go locker, and go launcher (free)

Today I had the same thing happen. Normally I get 1.5 days out of a charge. I run Pandora for anywhere from 1-4hrs a day as well as email etc. Never had an Issue. Today it went from 25-20-15-4-0 in less than 40min. Its charging now. Nothing was on that wasnt usually on. No changes have been made in months.
I am running Vortex w/go launcher ex and go locker go power master. Powermaster tells me everythings consuming normal so I have no idea except to think Verizon is pulling some ****.

Any thoughts?

newmanx4

Reaction score
How old are the batteries? May just be time to replace them.

Sent from my Black Iced X

OP
MonKENy

MonKENy

Reaction score
mine just over a year or like 1.5 yrs But its not like it would go from good to absolute crap in 24hrs. My battery has been GREAT up until yesterday. Now WHAM its garbage. Im @ 53% right now where usually id be at 65-75%

leftspin

Reaction score
I would charge the phone up to 100%, let the battery drain completely, then charge it back up to 100% again and wipe the battery stats to calibrate the battery. There's really no way Verizon could be "pulling" anything since you're on a custom firmware and in pretty much complete control over what pieces of software are running.

To wipe the battery stats boot into CWM recovery and look under "advanced"

leftspin

Reaction score
If that doesn't take care of it I'd say try a new battery. You can get them pretty cheap (around $2-$4) on Amazon so even if it doesn't help it's not a huge loss and you still got a spare battery out of it.

Greqo

Reaction score
I am having the same issue. Yesterday my 1500MAH battery went from 90% to dead in 11 minutes. Brightness is on 0 and I wasn't using wifi. Stock Mod 2.3.4

Any suggestions?

leftspin

Reaction score
Recalibrate the battery like I told monKENy, also check which apps are draining your battery the most and stop them from running all the time. It might just be time for a new battery.

planejumper73

Reaction score
How do you boot into CWM Recovery to recalibrate your battery? Droid X, Android version 2.3.4.

leftspin

Reaction score
planejumper73 said:
How do you boot into CWM Recovery to recalibrate your battery? Droid X, Android version 2.3.4.

You need to be rooted and install CWM Recovery and Droid 2 Bootstrap yourself, it's not something the phone comes with

planejumper73

Reaction score
You need to be rooted and install CWM Recovery and Droid 2 Bootstrap yourself, it's not something the phone comes with

I'm sorry. I'm new to this stuff. Can you help with links to the downloads and instructions, please? Thank you, in advance.