is there a DIFFERENT notifier?

graphicjunkie

Reaction score
I've been searching here for a while now looking for an app that is decent for giving missed calls/messages notifications.

Everything I've found is for the status bar at the top. is there ANY app out there that makes something appear in the main screen?

I did find one in the market, but it had a lot of problems listed and no further development. Plus it wasn't free. I am down for buying an app if needed, but not one that is buggy and not being refined.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Handcent has a feature that will make text messages pop up on the screen when you get one, but you'd still get the notification in the top bar, other than that im not sure how to help you

barryp3403

Reaction score
I've been searching here for a while now looking for an app that is decent for giving missed calls/messages notifications.

Everything I've found is for the status bar at the top. is there ANY app out there that makes something appear in the main screen?

I did find one in the market, but it had a lot of problems listed and no further development. Plus it wasn't free. I am down for buying an app if needed, but not one that is buggy and not being refined.

Thanks.

The free app "SMS popup" works great for messages. I am on call for long stretches and, if the first SMS alert doesn't wake me up then the message will repeat every two minutes. The message shows up right in the middle of your screen, if you set it up that way.

barryp3403

Reaction score
Will this work w/ Google Voice "text messages" also?

I haven't tried it yet but I believe you can forward Google voice messages to your SMS and then it should work. Let me know if it does. I just signed up to request Google Voice.

jasonty

Reaction score
Thanks, but that would kind of defeat the purpose of using GV in my case. I use GV for free "text messaging". So, sending it to the native service would not be feasable.

Will this work w/ Google Voice "text messages" also?

I haven't tried it yet but I believe you can forward Google voice messages to your SMS and then it should work. Let me know if it does. I just signed up to request Google Voice.