Is there a Dayplanner type app?

mikeinctown

Reaction score
I am looking for some type of planner app that I can put all my important dates in and the app will remember the dates going forward and remind me when the dates are coming... Sort of like looking at your old large planner and being able to transfer dates from year to year when you got the new page sets.

I currently have an app called Dayz but for each date coming up, I have to program them individually and they don't just renew (or have a choice for that as far as I know)

Any help would be appreciated.

Silver Member
Reaction score
You mean like the Calendar, that's already built in???

DebDroid

Reaction score
I was looking for one last night too! LOL I have some events/treatments I'd like to keep track of and track my progress. I didn't find anything like it. I decided to buy a pocket calendar.

Silver Member
Reaction score
oh you want to be able to track tasks??? you can use Google Task list. although it's not very robust, it's better than carrying around some paper book. gTasks syncs with the online version.

DebDroid

Reaction score
Oh, wow! I didn't even know about that. I'm so glad people here are so helpful. Thanks! I'm going to try that out.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I just use Pure Calender Agenda Widget and put all my appointments/Tasks on that. I use the 4x4 widget and it works great. When a task/appointment is done I just go in and delete it.

594b1e7e437dfb9.jpg

shademar

Reaction score
I use the pure calendar widget. It integrates with google cal (so syncs online, ect) and shows both the current date and upcoming events on the homescreen in a date-list format. It looks nice (skinnable), supports notifications, and you can add new events to it easily.

OP
M

mikeinctown

Reaction score
The built-in calendar can handle recurring events, such as birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, etc.

I had no idea the calendar could handle that. Heck I have a hard enough time just programming the appointment in. Didn't think it would handle recurring events in the future.

Will check out more options.

Silver Member
Reaction score
The built-in calendar can handle recurring events, such as birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, etc.

I had no idea the calendar could handle that. Heck I have a hard enough time just programming the appointment in. Didn't think it would handle recurring events in the future.

Will check out more options.
maybe you just need practice? doesn't seem difficult to me and the online version is a little easier to use.

Moondonkey

Reaction score
You should do the bulk of your setting up and maintenance of your google calender at a real computer. The phone is fully capable of updating and making changes to the cloud based computers, but it is easier and you have more options on a full pc.

OP
M

mikeinctown

Reaction score
I did realize the other day that it was much easier to input stuff on my PC and let the Droid sync itself. I didn't know about recurring events though, so i will check that out next time I have internet access with the laptop.