Is there a call blocking app that works?

metalhead

Reaction score
I tried several blocking/blacklist apps but none of them worked. I don't want to know if certain numbers call me and I don't want them to get my voicemail. Any suggestions? Thanks!

TriciaH

Reaction score
I use Who Are You. It lets me choose who to block. I did NOT sign up for their email stuff tho. Don't need that. It will read your contacts for approved calls. It functions as caller ID also. Not fancy. But the spam calls get blocked.

bocabean

Reaction score
I have been very happy with Extreme Call Blocker. Has worked flawlessly.

Rogus

Reaction score
Do any of these apps block a call WITHOUT hanging up on the current phone call when a call from a blocked numbers comes in?

I use the call blocker in Avast and it hangs up my current call when a blocked number calls. I use my phone for business and have a fair amount of blocked numbers. It's really bad for business when my phone call with a client gets dropped due to Avast hanging up on the block number.

Few seem to know if recommended apps have this same problem. It's not easy to check.

Some have suggested various apps that send a blocked caller to VM. I also don't want them to go to VM. I don't want anything to do with them and don't want to listen to their sales pitch for even a brief moment on VM either.

bocabean

Reaction score
With Extreme Call Blocker you do not necessarily have to send a call to VM, you can have it just hang up. Here is the link if you want to read more about it. There is also a video demo there.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.greythinker.punchback&hl=en

I
would recommend visiting the Play Store sites for all of the apps that you are considering. From there, you can then read the reviews from users to see what their experiences have been. In my particular case, I have been very satisfied with ECB and see no need to look at other apps to fix something that, for me, is not broken.

I don't blame you about not wanting to listen to pitches!

OP
M

metalhead

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses!

Can anyone confirm one or more of these apps can prevent the blocked caller from being sent to voicemail? How about zero indication of a blocked call coming in?

I don't recall which apps I tried that advertised these features but they didn't work for me.

2razrmaxx

Reaction score
Current caller ID will pick up and hang up there for not sending them to voicemail.

It also has many settings to notify you or not. It is in Google Play

OP
M

metalhead

Reaction score
Mr number works great. easy to learn.

Thanks for the tip! After looking over more apps, I decided to give Mr Number a try. So far it's worked great and does just what I wanted.

happycamp

Reaction score
Mr Number is really a very great app, but if it doesn't work, you can also try Truecaller - Caller ID & Block.