Is there a better keyboard?

chops

Reaction score
My wife has the eris and can not stand the current keyboard is there any replacement ones and which one will bethe best?

joker402

Reaction score
better keyboard and then find a skin for it

I use the iphone skin on my droid and works like a champ

karib

Reaction score
swype for eris is the only way to go IMO. Google it and watch the video to see what its all about before you download. BTW, there are two versions out now, one that is approx 2mb and one that is approx 7mb. The larger file has more options and is overall better IMO. Search Swype HVGA.apk for the download.

Reaction score
Ive heard some goopd things about swype, its very good for one hand typeing. but ive also heard good thngs about the "better keyboard" app. You have two very good choices my friend.

Reaction score
Does the better keyboard app have any known issues? like sowing down the phone or causing a lot of FC's?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
No not that I have ever heard of.....I love Better Keyboard, but I can't say anything about how it works on the Eris...it might not even be available on the Eris if the app is made for only versions higher than what the Eris has ya know? Just tell your wife to do a search in the Market for keyboards...whatever will work for the Eris will show up

JKib

Reaction score
I tried Better Keyboard and found it worse than the Eris keyboard, ymmv.

Someone else mentioned Swype, but it's a memory hog. SlideIt and Shapewriter are pretty good.

Schmidtrock

Reaction score
I have been running Swype for a couple of days now and absolutely love it. I'm not noticing a memory hit.