Is the Verizon txt plan part of the data plan?

miltk

Reaction score
just wondered cuz i'm using droid messaging an awful lot since purchasing the droid

taypotts

Reaction score
No, it only includes web and email.

Verizon has 4 texing plans.

$5- 250 messages
$10- unlimited IN plus 500
$15- unlimited IN plus 1500
$20- unlimited to all

MissEvoIXMR

Reaction score
I believe txt and mms are both under the txting plan, other ppl without data plans can still send mms. Data and txting are two different plans, I have unlim txt and data..

*^^ darn got beat to the punch! ;)

aacanela73

Reaction score
No text included in that and .20 a peice for sent and recieved! .25 for picts and flixs you had better check your plan or you will end up with some mighty overages!!

markmicallef

Reaction score
go to the app store and get My Verizon, it's free. It will tell you your Usage for all

ScooberJake

Reaction score
It's really pretty stupid, but they know they can make a buck this way. They only charge $29.99 for UNLIMITED (read: gigs and gigs) of internet, emails, music, documents, etc. And then they charge me $10 for a few K of txts? Ridiculous, but the man is in control and he doesn't have to make sense.

JamesX

Reaction score
If you have Google Voice you should put Text Message Block on your cellphone. I incured over $10 of texting charges because I thought Handcent was sending replies via Google Voice when it was doing it through normal Verizon Texting.

Only when you use google voice's native interface are you sending texting via Google Voice. But someone mentioned on this site that Handcent is trying to implement outgoing texting via google voice but I have no idea if it is already finished.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
No text included in that and .20 a peice for sent and recieved! .25 for picts and flixs you had better check your plan or you will end up with some mighty overages!!

I text maybe twice a month so I would lose money even with the $5/250 messages. Nobody to text to.

zero7starz

Reaction score
There are now new, updated plans with Verizon that will include unlimited texting. New, unlimited Talk and text plans for single lines are now only $89.99. Less minuets with unlimited texting drop in price from there :) You should give customer care a call and see about getting an unlimited texting plan because unfortunatly Verizon isn't quite with the "times" yet of data/text packages.

DROIDMASTER

Reaction score
Hey guys just so you know if you dont have an unlimited txting and dont want to pay you can email any phone number by having the person send you a message to your e mail and then you can just reply. I do this with my friends who dont have verizon!!!

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
certain individual and familiy plans have unlimited text's included

like i have the 1400 familiy select plan and that includes unlimited text/pic/video messaging on all lines for no additional fee.

zero7starz

Reaction score

like i have the 1400 familiy select plan and that includes unlimited text/pic/video messaging on all lines for no additional fee.

As of yesterday the select and connect plans no longer exist. They're now talk/text plans, and all data is separate.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

As of yesterday the select and connect plans no longer exist. They're now talk/text plans, and all data is separate.

oh....

well that wont affect me for 12 months since i just signed a contract in november..