Does Google Talk charge per TXT?

bigdawg

Reaction score
Please let me know if Google Talk charges per txt message. I don't have a big txt plan and don't want to go over.

TIA

OP
B

bigdawg

Reaction score
As long as ya use the gv app to text, its free.

So I'm a bit more confused... I will need to download google voice app and not use the pre-installed Talk app to not get charged?

Dragoro

Reaction score
As long as ya use the gv app to text, its free.

So I'm a bit more confused... I will need to download google voice app and not use the pre-installed Talk app to not get charged?

oh two different things. Google talk is an instant messenger, same as aim or icq or what have you.

Google voice does sms, and you have to get an invite to use it, but once ya do its free to send sms through it.

texasPI

Reaction score
Yeah...the names of both applications can be a little confusing. Go to www.google.com/voice to sign up for an invite. If/when you get an invite, search the forums here for how to set it up so no text notifications are forwarded to your phone.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah...the names of both applications can be a little confusing. Go to www.google.com/voice to sign up for an invite. If/when you get an invite, search the forums here for how to set it up so no text notifications are forwarded to your phone.
That's not germane to the OP at all.

Google Talk does not use SMS for message delivery.

OP
B

bigdawg

Reaction score
That's not germane to the OP at all.

Google Talk does not use SMS for message delivery.

Thanks for the info, that is the exact answer I need.