Is it possible to get pocket called

jena0

Reaction score
I don't have a RAZR bu something happened that didn't make sense to me using the RAZR. First, I got a text that was intended for a friend of mine (group SMS)- so we both got the message. Then the same person texted my friend again (this time without my name). After that, I got a call and left my phone a 52 second voice message from the same person that's been texting that sounded like I was pocket/purse called (i hear people talking but that's it). Anyway, when I asked what happened supposedly she used my old group text to her so that's why I got a text that was just intended for my friend and somehow her RAZR phone using that same group text (2 numbers that was texted) called my number ALONE and left that 52 second message. IS THIS POSSIBLE? because I know with my iphone if I group SMS I can't even use that SMS to call (no buttons no nothing).

I'd appreciate it if somebody can try it or if this has happened to anybody. :blink:

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site. I've received several calls that I've wondered about. Would be interesting to find out the real deal.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The only KNOWN way that you can receive either a call or text is if the actual phone number for your phone is in one of the recipient address fields. This could be entered in directly or have been placed into a field for automatically forwarding to you as some software allows.

Pocked dialing is a long-known problem and happens more than many people realize. The proof is easy to find, simply look at the call logs for the dialing phone and it will be obvous. As far as somehow getting a call or text without the originating phone actually originating the call or text, it's extremely unlikely - virtually non-existent at this point.

There was a time when phone calls were routed through mechanical "switches" and the might get "stuck", so that the next call routed through that switch might actually get sent to two recipients at the same time due to the stuck switch. Now that switches are all digital, they don't get "stuck", so there are virtually no crossed connections in the phone system of today.