Is it ok to use charger cable from another brand (htc)?

Bionic_Racer

Reaction score
The cable that comes with the bionic is way to short. Since the cable from my incredible is much longer ive been using that instead, but i still use the bionic's wall charger.

Could this hurt the battery in any way? It charges it fine, but i am just concerned that not using the specific cable that came with the phone could potentially cause damage.

jayman350

Reaction score
no, it should not damage your battery just from using a non-moto cable. Some people have issues using off brand cables where it either won't charge, or won't mount the usb. Luckily, I am not one of them. I have at least 4 different micro-usb cables from different manufacturers and they all work fine.

If you plug your phone in and it starts to charge (or mount usb on your pc) then you are fine.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I use and LG charger as my travel charger. No issues for me

Reaction score
Not at all. The only issue you'll face is if you connect it to the computer. Some cables, even though they can charge through an outlet, won't connect through a computer in terms of using your SDCard.

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
i use my wifes htc cord in my room cause it has a longer cable. the only issues i've ever had with charging cords is when i buy a random non brand one off of ebay for 1 dollar or so, i find the screen becomes super sensitive or presses buttons on its own. so if i use a charger like that i turn my screen off and dont use the phone while it charges.

brroid

Reaction score
I discovered that my Kindle Touch cord works just fine for charging and usb. And, it's longer.

jdlowsracer

Reaction score
I've tried my wifes charger from her incredible 2 and it won't charge my bionic. It shows that its plugged in but never charges. Only Motorola chargers work for me.

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
I use cables and chargers from my old Zio, an LG, and Huawei Ascend. Even my Kindle Fire. LOL different room different charger. All are USB type except the fire and work fine on my laptop too!
Just make sure the milliamps are close to whatever the phone requires. Too low and it'll take forever to charge, Too high and you could damage the phone , and cause the battery to overheat, burning that out real quick!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

nikecar

Reaction score
Not at all. The only issue you'll face is if you connect it to the computer. Some cables, even though they can charge through an outlet, won't connect through a computer in terms of using your SDCard.

I have an HTC that I use an LG cable at work to charge and connect to my PC without issue. My wife's phone is an LG and has used my HTC cable and charger too and vice versa.

josh1980

Reaction score
I use the 15 ft "expensive" $1.98 cable found at USB Cables . I have 4 of them and they do data and charging. As cheap as these cables are you should buy 10 of them just to save on shipping...

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
I have an lg charger working with a moto cable, htc charger and cable and a number of other charger cable combos and all of them worked with my bionic. The only time i had to use the moto specific cable was when i had to connect to run the fastboot files.

Sent from my DROID4

HDG55

Reaction score
Nook charger works,too. Don't really know how fast but it is always charged in the morning.

skennelly

Reaction score
I use an LG cord for my Motorola, Kindle, and Kindle Fire. No problems here.