Longer Charging Cable

DopdBrd

Reaction score
So the cable that came with my Droid is a joke, I think it's barely 2 ft long.

What are you guys using besides the cable that came in the box? I have another LONG USB to micro-USB cable and tried hooking that up but it didn't charge the phone.

I ordered a Motorola Cradle for the Droid off Fleabay for 10 bucks but it didn't come with a longer cable. And I know sometimes they say to stay away from some different charging cables because they will hurt your phone.

So what do you guys do for longer charging cables?

droider4life

Reaction score
I use a five dollar extension cord to bring it closer to my reach HaHaHaHaHaHaHa... good question tho. I've wondered the same thing...

OP
D

DopdBrd

Reaction score
Well I ordered a Motorola Cradle for the thing off Fleabay and almost need a longer USB cable to hook it up I believe.

cuskit

Reaction score
Monoprice.com is your answer! They sell quality cables with a 100% return guarantee. I can vouch for their 10' cables as I've purchased and use daily two of those at work.

I've used monoprice.com many times in the past and have had good luck, as have many others here on the forums. I also supply a 6' MicroUSB with my product, the MIKRADLE,, though I buy these in bulk from a different source. PM me if you wish and I can help you out! :) mikey

kaboyd

Reaction score
+1 for the monoprice.com cables. I bought two gold plated micro usb cables that work great. I think they were $1.50 a piece. The chargers I bought to use with the cables are junk. They total mess with my touch screen, but the cables rock.

orangepeel

Reaction score
+1 for the monoprice.com cables. I bought two gold plated micro usb cables that work great. I think they were $1.50 a piece. The chargers I bought to use with the cables are junk. They total mess with my touch screen, but the cables rock.

Monoprice is great,and they have every kind of cable you can think. I've bought several USB,and Firewire extensions from them.

Nolano

Reaction score
Definitely Monoprice, that's what I was going to suggest. I'm actually about to do the same thing.

kaboyd

Reaction score
B 2.0 A Male to Micro 5pin Male 28/24A Ferrite Core - (Gold Plated) - 6ft USB is the one I bought. I also purchased a 12' non gold plated one that works great too.

ezeStand

Reaction score
ezeStand offers a 6' Straight Micro USB ($2.99 + $2.95 shipping) or a 6' Right Angle Micro USB Cable ($3.99 + $2.95 shipping) or free shipping if you order an ezeStand.
Thanks,

cuskit

Reaction score
That's exactly the one you need! They are an excellent choice - you will very much appreciate the high quality of that particular cable - that's the one I referenced above. They are an excellent company - these forums prove how popular they are as many here purchase from them. Like I said, I've personally bought many cables there, the only reason I don't buy my large bulk orders is that they don't offer 1,000 bulk quantities (50 pieces is their largest order). Their price is awesome (you can't beat less than $1.50 for a six foot cable, especially one of this ultra high quality)! On small orders such one or two cables, the shipping is also very little and reasonable. I recommend them for all cable needs, including video and hi def cables also. :) mike

Last edited:

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
MonoPrice Gold plated

I have 3 six foot cables 1 ten foot cable and 1 fifteen foot cable all working great

-=Jason=-