is bionic worth it

HTC1

Reaction score
I have a cracked thunderbolt that still works. A guy wanted to trade his mint bionic to me for a ps3. Is it a good deal?

jayman350

Reaction score
no way would I swap a ps3 for a bionic, I might swap a ps2 for a Bionic but that would be about it. Look around on ebay or craigslist for something cheaper.

Don't get me wrong, I like my Bionic, but if I were looking for a new phone, it definitely would not be this one.

Polndsprin

Reaction score
same here

I have a perfectly good thunderbolt and im just looking for change until the SIII coming abroad. I can get a good deal on a bionic to fill the void until that time, and i was hoping for some thoughts on this decision.

OP
H

HTC1

Reaction score
I really just wanted to know which phone is better

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Doesit still have data drops

Part of that is location. For example, I live in San Diego, which was one of the first cities to get 4G. I've never had the data drop problem, no matter what version of Gingerbread.

What do you plan to do with the Bionic? For myself, I'm not even rooted, but the Bionic has a locked bootloader. You can root and add ROMs, but if you want an unlocked bootloader, then the Bionic is not for you.

jayman350

Reaction score
the Bionic could be an excellent phone, could being the operative word. The updates from Moto have increased battery life and made data more reliable, although it appears that the data issues are more on the network side of things rather than the phone side. All LTE devices seem to have issues with data at some time or another.

I have no basis for what is better Bionic or TB. That comes down to personal preference for a lot of things. I was answering your question as to whether or not it was a good trade for Bionic and ps3, which I still think its worth hanging on to your ps3.

Batman8

Reaction score
HTC1,

I have had my Bionic since it came out last Semptember 2011 and I also have a PS3 (along with many other video game systems and consoles) and as much as I love both the phone AND my gaming systems, I simply do NOT see the two devices equal enough for a trade IMHO! I surely feel that the Bionic is a great phone and is much better than the TB, since it's dual core with LTE and also much newer than the TB. But I wouldn't trade my PS3 for one.

If I were you, I'd hold on to my PS3 and check around for a good deal on a Bionic. I have seen recent deals of them on sale (new) for around $150 as well as bundles from time to time for around $99 (with HD dock, window mounts, etc. -- on a new 2-year contract too of course). Take some time & check for sales.

Good luck.

akhi216

Reaction score
Batman8 said:
HTC1,

I have had my Bionic since it came out last Semptember 2011 and I also have a PS3 (along with many other video game systems and consoles) and as much as I love both the phone AND my gaming systems, I simply do NOT see the two devices equal enough for a trade IMHO! I surely feel that the Bionic is a great phone and is much better than the TB, since it's dual core with LTE and also much newer than the TB. But I wouldn't trade my PS3 for one.

If I were you, I'd hold on to my PS3 and check around for a good deal on a Bionic. I have seen recent deals of them on sale (new) for around $150 as well as bundles from time to time for around $99 (with HD dock, window mounts, etc. -- on a new 2-year contract too of course). Take some time & check for sales.

Good luck.

This. Cowboom.com has Bionics for $170 a pop.

quadtronix

Reaction score
I would stick with the PS3 and look for a better deal on the Bionic or another phone. Obviously the DB is a better phone than the TB (better battery, dual core) but it just doesn't sound like the best deal to trade your PS3 for it. The Bionic is a great phone though... :)

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
I like the bionic with the exception of the camera. It is the worst camera on a phone I have ever seen. I have taken pics with about 6 different phones and the bionic is the worst ever. If I had to buy another phone it would not be this one and I've had it since sept 2011. Can't afford another so have to keep this one.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The BIONIC is not worth trading your PS3 unless you don't want to use your PS3 any more and it is an older Fat model PS3. There are better phones like the Razr or RAZR Maxx which I would trade a PS3 for.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2