Is Android Laggy? Video Says Yes

Natey2

Reaction score
Maps is not "running". Its location service . Its using a part of maps to determine network location.

So why is Maps listed under Settings > Applications > Running services ?

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

Natey2

Reaction score
Its funny you say that.. I've noticed with both my Rezound and RAZR that if I charge it before the phone dies they both dont reset the battery life time.

It's ok for the uptime counter to continue across charging sessions.
But a secret reboot (like the ones many people encounter when the phone unexpectedly reboots on its own for no apparent reason) will restore the resource leakages that cause lags, and not correctly represent the fact that Android (with 3rd party apps running) is not capable of running for long without performance consequences.

Android is not like your average Linux. Not by a longshot.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's ok for the uptime counter to continue across charging sessions.
But a secret reboot (like the ones many people encounter when the phone unexpectedly reboots on its own for no apparent reason) will restore the resource leakages that cause lags, and not correctly represent the fact that Android (with 3rd party apps running) is not capable of running for long without performance consequences.

Android is not like your average Linux. Not by a longshot.

I had a Droid 1...And I think it didnt so like my RAZR and Rezound tho. I cant tell the actual battery life with

Strange thing just happened... I had my Rezound charging for a long time past 100%. It shows it right this time: I unplugged it and the battery life time reset. Other times it wouldnt do that. And I never remember my Droid 1 doing that even if I unplugged it before it fully charged.

Strange. Maybe the battery needs to stay on the charger past 100% on these phones? Ok...something's strange is happening: on my Rezound I have to go back a screen for it to refresh the battery life time...refreshing on the battery life screen does nothing.

Whatever it is...its like you say: Android is not your average Linux.

Last edited:

x25064

Reaction score
BTW, from my point of view the Windows phone seemed MUCH laggier, almost like a blackberry.

Do you mean lag when opening as in wait time? Cause if your talking actual choppiness I simply can't agree with you. WP7 is about as fluid as it gets.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea.. WP7 is extremely fluid. Actually using one last year...gotta give credit where its due.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums