Is Android Laggy? Video Says Yes

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Guys you do realize on the nexus with 4.0 you can mimmick the iphone right? Go into settings, developer options, background process limit, and change it. Now if you change it to 1 or no background processes and you go to open browser and start to type your address quickly it kicks out. But so far everything else works fine and you will notice in browser and ui it actually picks up a bit more, hence why I said earlier I see no lag.

SniperDroid

Reaction score
Guys you do realize on the nexus with 4.0 you can mimmick the iphone right? Go into settings, developer options, background process limit, and change it. Now if you change it to 1 or no background processes and you go to open browser and start to type your address quickly it kicks out. But so far everything else works fine and you will notice in browser and ui it actually picks up a bit more, hence why I said earlier I see no lag.

I selected Android because I do not want to be like 'Idont'... I don't complain about the lag he shows in the video because it's not importaint... Android gives me so much more than 'Idont' ever could that whats really importaint to me is I PREFER ANDROID. STILL!

x25064

Reaction score
root and rom it and you won't see that problem. Running Axoim and its smoother than an iphone 4s. If I gave enough of a crap I would post a video response to this. I still might.

jbdavies

Reaction score
root and rom it and you won't see that problem. Running Axoim and its smoother than an iphone 4s. If I gave enough of a crap I would post a video response to this. I still might.
You shouldn't have to root and alter the original OS for it to run "smoothly." 95% of Android users will not root, either because they don't know how or they are too afraid of it.

I'm an Android guy through and through, and I don't personally mind that Android is not a perfect OS (well, sometimes I do). But there isn't a perfect OS out there. Not iOS, Android, Windows, BlackBerry, etc. If people don't like the "lag" on Android phones, switch to something else.

droidxd00d

Reaction score
That kind of lag isn't even noticeable to most people when using a phone. I'm sure ics runs smoother than gingerbread and I have no lag whatsoever on my bionic using go launcher.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. How many people scroll back and forth between two home pages as fast they can? No one...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

jbdavies

Reaction score
This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. How many people scroll back and forth between two home pages as fast they can? No one...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
I actually do sometimes... out of extreme boredom.........

x25064

Reaction score
Also FWIW the epic touch on sprint is absolutely lag free. I'd pay someone to get that phone to lag.

And considering he is using the nexus, yes, in fact it was specifically created for the dev community so you are encouraged to root and rom.

Natey2

Reaction score
Resource leaks cause lags. Many apps under Android leak resources; some from the manufacturer and/or carrier. Try leaving your Android device on for a week or more without rebooting, and you will notice the UI lag.

Proof: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1319986

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

Last edited:

captdroid

Reaction score
No lag issue for me on the Gnex. Seems mighty fast scrolling, moving between screens, etc. Tried this guys tests and I just don't see it like he is demonstrating. So while interesting this so called lag a non issue for me.

x25064

Reaction score
The nexus isn't the S2, we all knew that when the specs were released. It has its issues. Its a bleeding edge tech phone. Its a brand new OS, not another iteration of iOS, and hell, even iOS 5 had its share of problems out of the gate.

Cellphones are finicky technology sometimes, if you want a phone that works perfectly always, go activate an lgvx6500.

If the hardware is up to spec, android runs fine. The galaxy s2 is a great example of that. A BETTER argument would be, why do we need a phone that out specs most 3 year old PC's just to run Android properly.

Last edited:

sling0

Reaction score
Screen resolution plays a factor into this, GPU is redrawing more pixels. I'm amazed with the nexus. Great device, not perfect, but a leap (not a step) in the right direction. I felt the same way with the OG droid 2 years ago, to be able to do so much on a tiny device makes discussions like this little more than nitpicking. The Iphone is smoother because of how processes are handled, as described earlier with more detail, its multi tasking abilities are severely neutered because of this, however to joe blow the phone appears faster. Being a power user, I'll take my slight lag and heap of multitasking :) This is why we have OPTIONS and arent forced to use one device or another. Joe blow can have his Iphone, I'll enjoy my Android.

BTW, My xoom is far laggier on honeycomb than the nexus is on ICS. The xoom on ICS is less laggy than it is on honeycomb, but the big screen amplifies this "lag" effect 10 fold to the point where the nexus appears to be twice as fast on the launcher, in apps however...they are about the same ;)

Last edited:

Big Ry

Reaction score
i tried this, but it didnt really seem any different. i also couldnt get my browser to kick out like you said. maybe my background process limit settings are broken :blink: