Is Android Laggy? Video Says Yes

RyanPm40

Reaction score
This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. How many people scroll back and forth between two home pages as fast they can? No one...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I do all the time... I want to flip to the homescreen I want quickly.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I do all the time... I want to flip to the homescreen I want quickly.

Then you are in fact, not doing what it is in the video. He is literally sitting between two home screens and just flinging his finger back and forth.

porsche996

Reaction score
Thunderbolt with HTC Sense 3.0 homescreen (BAMF build). No lag whatsoever. Same for the app drawer. Methinks it has more to do with the launcher in use than Android and/or drawbacks of the OS.

Natey2

Reaction score
No lag issue for me on the Gnex. Seems mighty fast scrolling, moving between screens, etc. Tried this guys tests and I just don't see it like he is demonstrating. So while interesting this so called lag a non issue for me.

What is the longest period of time your device has been running for without a reboot?

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thunderbolt with HTC Sense 3.0 homescreen (BAMF build). No lag whatsoever. Same for the app drawer. Methinks it has more to do with the launcher in use than Android and/or drawbacks of the OS.

I was gonna mention the launcher. When Froyo came out for the Droid 1, the first thing most of us did was replace the stock launcher....it was still slow and laggy compared to Launcher Pro or ADW at the time. And those 2 still might be a lil better than the stock launcher for stock Android. I never compared either to ICS launcher tho.

Even ppl that complained about the Blur launcher on 2.1 and 2.2 for the Droid X1, changing the launcher made a big difference.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
What is the longest period of time your device has been running for without a reboot?

Old screenshot but it proves the point of stability vs iDevices. I don't see a great deal of this lag anyways on my OG. Pretty snappy running CM7/2.3.3. Anyone care to top this number?
4a6820e3-e77b-8061.jpg

You read that right, 3800 hours.
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Big Ry

Reaction score
Old screenshot but it proves the point of stability vs iDevices. I don't see a great deal of this lag anyways on my OG. Pretty snappy running CM7/2.3.3. Anyone care to top this number?
4a6820e3-e77b-8061.jpg

Lol that's over 5 months. I woulda dropped mine and had the battery pop out or ran outta juice when i got no charger way before I got that far!

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lol that's over 5 months. I woulda dropped mine and had the battery pop out or ran outta juice when i got no charger way before I got that far!

lol.... sometimes my phones do die before I can charge it up again. I know I will never match that. Maybe with my OG that has that 2800 extended battery I can ...

GAstorino

Reaction score
Of course its laggy. When you have a software that constantly opens every program and allows it to run in the background when you kill it over and over and over again well of course things will slow down. Till this is actually addressed with you having to root your phone or the vendors correctiing it you will always have the lag in my opinion. Why does Maps, slackker, Facebook, every Verizon program etc. come on right after stop everything and not even using them. Just killing me.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Of course its laggy. When you have a software that constantly opens every program and allows it to run in the background when you kill it over and over and over again well of course things will slow down. Till this is actually addressed with you having to root your phone or the vendors correctiing it you will always have the lag in my opinion. Why does Maps, slackker, Facebook, every Verizon program etc. come on right after stop everything and not even using them. Just killing me.

Thankfully the people who say "it's because the OS is doing so much what do you expect?" are few and far between. Hopefully Google can improve on Android and fix the lag. My prime lags and that thing has 5 cores haha...clearly, it's a software issue.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Maps is not "running". Its location service . Its using a part of maps to determine network location.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Maps is not "running". Its location service . Its using a part of maps to determine network location.

there are some that do run in the background for no real reason...especially on certain triggers, like enabling/disabling data/airplane mode/wifi, uninstalling/installing apps, etc

jerkwad

Reaction score
Mods: I will gladly pay you to lock this useless thread. There are plenty of other threads in which people can whine and complain about phantom issues and made up "problems" with Android. ;-)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Natey2

Reaction score
4a6820e3-e77b-8061.jpg

My DroidX can reboot itself without resetting the uptime counter e.g. when I connected to a PC via USB, it used to reboot and the uptime counter wasn't reset.
Google Android doesn't make the standard Linux boot.log available in Android so we can't nail them on these kind of sneaky resets, which give the illusion of the device running continuously longer than it actually did.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
My DroidX can reboot itself without resetting the uptime counter e.g. when I connected to a PC via USB, it used to reboot and the uptime counter wasn't reset.
Google Android doesn't make the standard Linux boot.log available in Android so we can't nail them on these kind of sneaky resets, which give the illusion of the device running continuously longer than it actually did.

Its funny you say that.. I've noticed with both my Rezound and RAZR that if I charge it before the phone dies they both dont reset the battery life time.