Irrevelant but still a question

-iD

Reaction score
Yep, after the bag phone and WIRED handset in my truck (lol) I got the wife a microtac and had a startac on gte wireless. Moto was king back then.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

mattym320

Reaction score
Haha... now that made me laugh.. good chuckle to end the weekend :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes indeed. I remember those days like it was yesterday. In fact when everyone had their bag phones I worked at a security company and i was given a wireless Motorola FAT phone. The battery weighed a pound and i had a car charger that it would plug into and it sucked up so much power while on a call I could see my headlights dim when i turned it on. Motorola has had me for over twenty years. Lol people say their phones get hot? Man that thing would burn!!!!!! Lmao

Tapped via Motorola Droid Razr!
Peace!

Big Ry

Reaction score
Man I remember my first cell phone (parents probably still have it in their basement lol)...it was this big brick audiovox with a sweet pull out antenna, leather case, and green back lit screen. That thing predated TXTing. I remember texting just came out right before I got rid of it...my friends would TXT me and I could receive it (oddly) but couldn't TXT back :(

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

stang64

Reaction score
I remember my first phone, it was a Motorola i1000 plus from nextel, man the thing was huge. Pull out antena, green lit background and the annoying "chirp".

Sent from my Rezound

dr0idg0d23

Reaction score
The free nights and weekends starting at 7pm instead of 9, was a sprint thing. I remember that's why I originally went with sprint in1999 when I finally got out of prepaid.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I'm sure they had it on Sprint too, couldn't be sure since I never used their service.