Quick Question

irishbuddha25

Reaction score
Hello all! I just have a quick question. I want to sell my RAZR Maxx and wanted to get a Galaxy Nexus. My question is can I order the Nexus off of Amazon Wireless as adding a line to my family account, but activate it on my current phone number and just pay the $10 add a line fee for the new line with no phone associated with it? And would this allow me to sell my RAZR Maxx as having a "clean esn"? Thank you in advance for your help. P.S. I plan on having my sister use the new line at the end of the year when her contract is up and she will be using her current phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

Last edited:

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
You'd have to buy the Nexus with a data plan since it's a smart phone, so you'd have to at least pay the $30 data plan + whatever other plan you have to get with a phone plan. You can switch phones and lines at any time, but I'm 100% certain it would cost you more than $10 a month to do what you're attempting to do.

You would definitely be able to sell your Maxx as having a "clean esn."

As for your sister using the line, she could, but it depends on if she's using a feature phone or a smart phone.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Think I heard some people having some success with this method. Using their "add a line for $10" for a new smartphone and transferring the smartphone on their current data line. You'd have to keep a feature phone on the added line though I believe, not sure. As Liderc said you're most likely looking at something a little more expensive than just $10/mo.