iPhone 4 issues

iphonelovver

Reaction score
Hey all!

I microwaved my iPhone because you guys said it was a quick charge, and fixed the battery life. Now its all messed up and i have no way to call anyone or text my 2 girlfriends (they havnt met yet) what should i do for the time being? Has this microwave thing happened to you guys? Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks! :icon_ banana:DancingNexusdancedroid:icon_ lala:

kwyrt

Reaction score
I'm sorry but can I actually get some help here.

I'm stuck between my iPhone and a hard place

Sorry. Thought that was a joke. You should never ever put electronics in a microwave. Your phone is most likely fried. Pretty sure your only option is to buy a new phone.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Sorry. Thought that was a joke. You should never ever put electronics in a microwave. Your phone is most likely fried. Pretty sure your only option is to buy a new phone.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk

I have to concur... You should NEVER put ANYTHING with metal (other than microwave approved cooking containers) into a microwave, not even for a few seconds or as a joke. VERY BAD things can happen, especially with batteries involved.

Your Apple iPhone is very likely toast (no pun intended). In fact you should safely dispose of it at a hazardous waste facility. The battery is at risk of developing internal shunts (shorts), and could detonate and create a fire.

I would get it out of the house at the very least. Put it into a metal bucket or can and place it on a concrete slab outside. You can cover it with a plastic bag to keep it from collecting water or place a larger can over it upside down.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
I

iphonelovver

Reaction score
Ill just keep it as a weapon incase anyone robs my house.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
is this serious? lol I can't tell.

If you really did microwave it then do what FoxKat said and safely get rid of it.