Inverted Facebook - Self Theming

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ok, so I made a market that themes itself according to the system text colors so I decided to do the same with Facebook.. This is theBowers BNB Dark Facebook and I edited the xml's and some pngs to fit.. Thanks D!.. This is also a new style of FB.. I removed the homescreen icons and made the text larger via xml's which are also pointing to the primary system text color.. so, on my screen shot, the text is green due to my VENOM theme and would be red if on my MURDER theme but is white on a stock ROM that just has white system text... this is signed so uninstall the old one first and this installs like a normal app... I dunno if it replaces the old one, which is why I say to uninstall the old one first..I tried to make all the icons match up with any color, but I know it's not perfect.. just fun... :D .. This is just version 1.5.1 or 1.5.2 but I'll make it again once a solid FB releases... the last few have been duck sauce.. ;)

1. http://bit.ly/UniversalFaceBook DOWNLOAD LINK 1.5.1 - Uninstall your old version first and this installs like a normal app

2. http://bit.ly/Kameleon154Facebookapk DOWNLOAD LINK 1.5.4 - This should install over my 1.5.1 version but you'll prob have to uninstall your old one if using a stock facebook

CAP201104301924.jpg
CAP201105010824.jpg
CAP201106031352.jpg

Last edited:

Reaction score
There's no option on my Droid x to uninstall face book only to uninstall updates so what do I do,,I really want this app,,please help

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sounds like its a System app... use titanium backup to uninstall it or rename it to. Bak instead of Apk .... then reboot... then try this one again.... and on your other 2 posts, no murder will not work on liberty....sorry. did ya get the market to work?

Sent from Chevy's attic....

Reaction score
Sounds like its a System app... use titanium backup to uninstall it or rename it to. Bak instead of Apk .... then reboot... then try this one again.... and on your other 2 posts, no murder will not work on liberty....sorry. did ya get the market to work?

Thanks for the help..I did get the market,,but I don't know what happened I tried to install it and I thought it didn't work then I flashed the blacked out blue gingerbread theme and there it was so I don't know if blacked out blue came with it or for some reasonit just decided to install all the sudden for some reason when I flashed...thanks for the help ill try tittanium thank u

Reaction score
So let me get this straight I found in titanium where I can uninstall it or change it to a user app then I imagine I can uninstall it again but once I uninstall it will I be able to reinstall it I should be able to shouldn't I..I already tried to install the inverted face book but the install failed is this because I haven't deleted the original face book o just don't wanna delete it and then have the other one not install and then not be able to reinstall...any answers anyone...thanks

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If you don't wanna uninstall it then rename it with a bak as the extention... but fb is available in the market so you can easily reinstall the market version and it'll be a data/app rather than a system/app.... so what I'd do is uninstall it as is... reboot... then try my facebook.... as far as the blacked out theme, it might have come with one... mine is version 2.3.9 tho (not really but I renamed the version so that I'd know if it applied when I was testing) and if ya hit the applications tab, then all apps, my header says costs $$$, freebies, and new stuff.... the other ones wouldn't say that.... that should tell ya... but the update.script is different from phone to phone so you prob got the blacked out blue one....

Reaction score
If you don't wanna uninstall it then rename it with a bak as the extention... but fb is available in the market so you can easily reinstall the market version and it'll be a data/app rather than a system/app.... so what I'd do is uninstall it as is... reboot... then try my facebook.... as far as the blacked out theme, it might have come with one... mine is version 2.3.9 tho (not really but I renamed the version so that I'd know if it applied when I was testing) and if ya hit the applications tab, then all apps, my header says costs $$$, freebies, and new stuff.... the other ones wouldn't say that.... that should tell ya... but the update.script is different from phone to phone so you prob got the blacked out blue one....

Yep I did get the blacked out blue one ur rite so here goes I'm gonna change it to a user app in tittanium and uninstall it then try yours,,,,,hope it works ill let u know shortly thanks for the help

Reaction score
Hold on I can't turn it to a user app because I'm not using the paid version so all's I can do is force remove it and it says that's ireversable ..so does that newness I wont be able to redoenload in the market

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the dx but I'm pretty sure that if you have a nandroid backup made you can always restore It and you have Facebook there again.... if its a system app that comes with the rom then you can't just uninstall it normally... that's why we use titanium.... and any system app that is available on the market is usually safe to get rid of... if you have root explorer you can rename it from Apk to bak tho and then just switch it back to Apk if you ever wanna reinstall it....

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
And you shouldn't need to convert it to a user app in titanium... it should have the option to freeze, that, uninstall etc.... hit uninstall....

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the dx but I'm pretty sure that if you have a nandroid backup made you can always restore It and you have Facebook there again.... if its a system app that comes with the rom then you can't just uninstall it normally... that's why we use titanium.... and any system app that is available on the market is usually safe to get rid of... if you have root explorer you can rename it from Apk to bak tho and then just switch it back to Apk if you ever wanna reinstall it....

I'm gonna get root explorer rite now then thanks

Reaction score
Did it guys wasn't finding the rite uninstall option on titaniumbut found it and uninstalled Facebook.and the inverted Facebook installed no problem.....thanks for all the help...much appriciated

dark juggalo

Reaction score
cool app...on the bolt I just put in on the sd card, opened root ex,went to sdcard,long press app,install...no prob

Melanie

Reaction score
Facebook won't load my pictures on

I have been posting pictures just fine on Facebook for weeks, now all of a sudden they won't go. It just says load failed. Anyone have any suggestions? I have the Droid Incredible II.

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Try clearing cache in Facebook under settings/apps/manage.... which version are you on?..1.5.1 or 1.5.4?

Sent from cell block 4