Kameleon Dark Facebook 1.6.3 - self theming

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm attempting to make my Kameleon Series apps be more in depth with their theming and this is what I have so far.. I had all of Facebook inverted but my friends list was black on black and I fought it for 4 hours and couldn't get the text white so I had to use theBowers' BnB fb as the base for this one so credit to him.. A few of his icons are included also like the widget arrows..

For anyone wondering what's the point of Kameleon apps, I have 9 themes out and theming every apk/app for each theme takes up a lot of extra time so I started taking all my apks that I edit xmls in and pointed all those lines to primary sytem text colors that I edit in framework-res.. then in framework-res, I point as many xml's to the primary as well so that all I have to do per theme is edit just a couple xmls.. makes it a lot easier.. So, this idea came into play with universal apks/apps like calculator, GB Keyboards, Facebook, GoogleVoice and GoogleQuickSearch so that if a user is on any of my themes (or any theme that changes the primary and secondary text colors) these apks will 'self theme'.. meaning that all the text colors that I have chosen to edit will become the color of the theme.. Now, I'm attempting to make it deeper by having the apps call on system png's also.. So on these 2 Kameleon Facebooks, it's calling on the button sets for the buttons and for the outline headers and notification bar... it's just different, nothing out of the blue spectacular but I like it.. I included 2 versions of this.. 1 is for anyone using any of my themes since the buttons are themed and the other is a universal one that is calling on a new button I made just for the app internally so it's a basic inverted version of my Kameleon Facebook...All the colored version in the screenshots are of the Kameleon Facebook and the 2 with white are what the Universal version will look like.. Enjoy!

*Shows up as Dark Facebook in the app drawer now*

Install instructions:

1. uninstall the stock facebook first.. if you're using a different inverted one then this should install right over it...

2. download the app you want and choose to install it like a normal app

DOWNLOAD LINKS:

1. http://bit.ly/Kameleon163DarkFacebookMyThemes For anyone using my Themes - You can try this regardless. if you have dark buttons then it should look great..

2. http://bit.ly/UniversalKameleon163Facebook Universal style

CAP201108070145.jpg
CAP201108070957.jpg
CAP201108071006.jpg
CAP201108071008.jpg
CAP201108071019.jpg
CAP201108071020.jpg
CAP201108071122.jpg
CAP201108071124.jpg

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nicely done again bboy...I've been using your older kameleon Facebook on EVERY rom I've used lately...I'm glad to see an update

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks metal... :) .... how do ya like this version so far?...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Love these, will there be a kameleon 1.6.4 in our future?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Love these, will there be a kameleon 1.6.4 in our future?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Yeah I'm gonna attempt it again... on this version I had it all inverted but I still had black on black in friends... Derick released his 5 hours after I started mine so that's a lot of screen staring so I used his again... this is the last app I use from someone else.. all the others I invert w/o needing to code compare so I have a motive.... and I WILL conquer .... lol...

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
He didn't do 1.6.4 yet I don't think.....

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
how do u get the red font?

Its self theming so the red text is from the app copying the system theme

the ORIGINAL Droid
supercharged modified liquid 3.1w/turbocharged 3g
Pete's 5 slot lv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
19.9 linpack score
1850 quadrant score