introduction

pi.zissou

Reaction score
Hello droidforums. May I post three questions at once?

Why does it seems like rooting my phone will leave me vulnerable to maliciouc codes and hackers?

If I download the leaked 2.2 and apply the update to my droid, will I still receive verizon's official version of froyo when it is released?

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Hello droidforums. May I post three questions at once?

Why does it seems like rooting my phone will leave me vulnerable to maliciouc codes and hackers?

If I download the leaked 2.2 and apply the update to my droid, will I still receive verizon's official version of froyo when it is released?

Not too sure about your concerns with "malicious" codes - from what I have seen in this rooted community since I've "joined" I am not concerned with that one bit.

If your rooted you will not get the Verizon OTA - but honestly who cares? These ROM devs are doing great things and adding tweaks you won't get otherwise.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been rooted for quite sometime and have no issues or worries about malware.

If you are rooted you have the ability to block the OTA updates. Typically, those of us who are rooted do block the updates because we already have the update via a leaked rom.

Hope this helps.

Mike