intro and first question

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by erubin47, Sep 12, 2011.

1. erubin47

erubin47 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. Although I have been using a Droid since the Droid one (actually, not sure how I lived before getting this first smartphone for myself), I just picked up the Bionic. Actually, had to as there is no more support of the Droid 1...and it was slow as molasses and WAY running out of memory.

I am totally enthralled with the Bionic so far. Fast; easy to read, etc. As a behavioral health professional, I want to be sure I am able to get the most out of this smartphone, so I will regularly peruse the list, and ask questions. The first is:

When the phone is in the car dock, and either on maps or navigate, and I turn it so it is vertical in the dock (rather than horizontal), I find the orientation of the map does not change. Always stays in landscape mode. If not in the car dock, the orientation for whatever screen I am on (including maps, etc) switches nicely for however I am holding the phone. Any thoughts about this?

2. 252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Welcome to the community and congrats on the Bionic. As for the problem it seems that the bionic is almost sensing the car dock. Wish I could help out more on this but I don't use a car dock and this is the first I've heard of this but I could offer the welcome

Sent from my Liberated D2

3. Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess Moderator

Ratings:
    +17
    welcome to the forum