Internal storage low

sandfreak

Reaction score
I'm down to 25mb internal storage and I keep getting notifications about it.

I've deleted many useless apps and cleared data on all of my apps but that hasn't helped.

When I clear data it'll get me back to 27-31mb available but after 2 days ill be back to 25.

Can someone help? I don't know what's using all my space and I'm sick of getting the notifications.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

harrellj

Reaction score
DiskUsage will tell you what is using your space. Also, see if maybe moving some apps to SD will help.

Yeah, yeah.. I'm on my phone. So?

OP
sandfreak

sandfreak

Reaction score
I came across a thread similar to this and learned of the disk usage app.

After using it, it seems I just have too many apps...

Tough to decide which ones to part with.

OP
sandfreak

sandfreak

Reaction score
Also, see if maybe moving some apps to SD will help.

Yeah, yeah.. I'm on my phone. So?

I'm not familiar at all with how moving apps to the SD card works.

Is it just like having them on the internal storage?

I'm rooted and I like to switch between roms often, if I move my apps to SD can I still back them up with titanium backup?

harrellj

Reaction score
I've never had an issue with space so I'm not familiar personally with the moving to the sd card, but I do know from what other's have said that it isn't necessarily all of the app that gets moved. You will be able to back them up from Titanium Backup (the only difference is install location) with no problems.

pyro6128

Reaction score
Yea i would suggest using apps to sd for a lot of the larger apps. Apps I don't use too too frequently, I like to keep on the sd card. Like games, google earth, stuff like that (nothing with widgets that i use).

I would also recommend deleting your text messages to free up space. I noticed I had lost a lot of space, so I poked around and saw the "dialer storage" was around 10gb! So I checked my texts, and sure enough I had a ton of threads, not to mention tons of picture messages. I cleared everything out, and now dialer storage is something around half a mb I think. Also, get cachemate, it will clear out the cache from your apps, freeing up even more space. Additionally, get rid of any apps that may have come with your rom, but that you don't actually need.

All of that should be able to free up some nice space.