Internal Ringtone Difficulties

Drucian

Reaction score
I've saved a ringtone into my Motorola DROID and am not able to remove it.

I've checked the Media > Audio > Ringtones/Notices/Alarm folders and it isn't there.

I've also tried running Astro, AndExplorer and Explorer file managers from within the phone and am not able to find the listing as well in order to delete it. It's still listed on the bottom along with all the factory default ringtones.

I tried to do the DRM filter thing that I've heard around, but there isn't even an option for that in my DROID to be able to do that.

Anyone know of another solution?

JCo352

Reaction score
I had this same problem with an mp3 and I couldn't find it anywhere to delete it, so I had to delete the mp3, reboot the phone, then re-add the mp3 and that took care of it.

OP
D

Drucian

Reaction score
Well the mp3 is already deleted and such. I could try to reboot the phone and see what happens. But why did you readd it? Did you need to readd the mp3 to remove it from the listing for ringtones?

JCo352

Reaction score
No I just re-added it just because I wanted that song in my music

OP
D

Drucian

Reaction score
How did you reboot the phone? Take out the battery or just turn it off? I turned off my phone and turned it back on, the Ringtone was still listed unfortunately.

By the way, I got my ringtone from: http://www.myxer.com/wap/xhtml/item.aspx?c=1778762

Downloaded it directly from my DROID and it was automatically added as a Ringtone. It isn't a music file or anything that I selected to make it a ring tone. Was all automatic. Just found out exactly how it happened. (Now I have it listed twice in the list! AHHHHH!)

Last edited:

JCo352

Reaction score
I just turned it off and turned it back on. Sorry I couldn't help you, but that's thing I did that took care of it for me.

OP
D

Drucian

Reaction score
I just turned it off and turned it back on. Sorry I couldn't help you, but that's thing I did that took care of it for me.

Yea, thanks. Hopefully someone else will have a solution for my problem lol.

JCo352

Reaction score
Actually you can open your browser hit menu>more>downloads and it might be in there.

OP
D

Drucian

Reaction score
Actually you can open your browser hit menu>more>downloads and it might be in there.

Well it shows it there as download history, but would clearing the list really remove it?

JCo352

Reaction score
I'm not sure but I would just long press and clear from list, its worth a shot