Intermediate loss of data connection

Plainzwalker

Reaction score
I've noticed lately that at random intervals I will lose the data connection on my phone. I can be using the browser and then at random intervals it won't be able to load a page. The 3G remains the same and I have full signal, just do data transfer.

Also (not sure if discussing this part is allowed or not) but during wifi tethering I also notice that the data transfers will stop at random intervals. I use the wifi tether for an iphone4 (using it as an ipod basically) to be able to stream netflix shows. It will work for a while then just stop randomly. I've tried both Barnacle and the Wifi tether and it is the same with both.

Any suggestions?

bgrade

Reaction score
Im not sure if my problem and yours is the same, but my network uses EDGE and i will lose data especially when the battery got down to around 20% but even after plugging it in or waiting til it gets to full charge it still doesn't reestablish a connection. Try putting it into airplane mode, waiting a minute then turn airplane mode back off. This has worked for me twice and hopefully will continue to work

OP
P

Plainzwalker

Reaction score
Im not sure if my problem and yours is the same, but my network uses EDGE and i will lose data especially when the battery got down to around 20% but even after plugging it in or waiting til it gets to full charge it still doesn't reestablish a connection. Try putting it into airplane mode, waiting a minute then turn airplane mode back off. This has worked for me twice and hopefully will continue to work

The battery part doesn't really apply, mine is/was either at 80-100% and plugged in. I'm doing this while waiting to go into work in the morning so its plugged into the car charger. I'll try the airplane mode tomorrow morning or the next time I have the problem and see if this fixes it.

Thank you

leobg

Reaction score
Are you on Verizon? Or you are using it on GSM/UMTS network ouside USA?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

OP
P

Plainzwalker

Reaction score
Are you on Verizon? Or you are using it on GSM/UMTS network ouside USA?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Yes to verizon and yes I am in the US. DC Area to be precise. I've had the phone for just over a month now.

crunch19

Reaction score
Happens to me all the time..very annoying!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App