Interference on Speakers caused by TB?

King30Henrik35

Reaction score
Hi all-
The past few days I've noticed that my TB has been causing interference on my computer speakers. The speakers are wired, the internet is wired, etc. so their isn't anything wireless that it could be interfering with. It happens anytime my phone is within about three feet of them and seems to only happen when there is some kind of data being sent or received. I've had the phone since March but the problem is recent. Nothing has changed with the speakers as far as I know so I am thinking it is the phone. But at the same time I haven't noticed it with other speakers. I Googled the issue and found no results.

Any one else have these issues? Solutions? Cause?

Thanks

OP
King30Henrik35

King30Henrik35

Reaction score
I just found out it is messing with speakers at another person's desk even when I am at mine. And I have to correct myself. It isn't only when data is being sent or received either. Even when the screen is off it is causing it.

Last edited:

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I think this is normal... my GSM phone (back when I had T-Mobile) would own my speakers every time it talked with the cellular towers. Isn't LTE more of a GSM like signal vs CDMA (which wouldn't bother my speakers at all). I figure that's why.

OP
King30Henrik35

King30Henrik35

Reaction score
If that were the case wouldn't it have been happening these past months I've had the phone? And when I'm at work I'm pretty sure I'm on a 3g signal anyway (could be wrong on this haven't checked)

RFrisch

Reaction score
Just noticed that mine does this too, but ONLY when on 4g.  Never on 3g.  Both plugged in, or not.  

Nyobie

Reaction score
It's not uncommon for cellular devices to interfere with surrounding electronics. It's impossible for electronics manufacturers to 100% prevent this sort of thing from happening at a reasonable cost despite their best efforts. Doing so would come such a huge cost, nobody would buy these devices.

The medical industry has much more stringent design requirements, as does the aeronautical industry as well. Both as you can imagine, have more 'critical' functions than the average smart phone and as you can imagine, devices which support those fields are extremely expensive because of the stringency in their designs including redundancy in their circuitry and algorithms.

The easiest solution to the interference issue people in this thread are describing, is to move the phone around on your desk and find a location where interference disappears. It's a cheap solution. This is what I do in my home office. My wireless keyboard and wireless mouse are affected when the volume control on my sound system is turned on. Key strokes don't register and mouse clicks are sometimes ignored, but if I move my phone 6" to the left, the problem goes away.

Hope this helps!
:D

lucifer0993

Reaction score
Haven't put on sale in my town.....what the a sharp phone it is!! i love it