Interesting..... android exploit?

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
google has already begun to plug it

I just got my incredible 2.... why am I only running 2.2 version? Would think I would have android latest version....

Sent to U via Incredible 2

Welcome to android lol...where you will never run the latest version! haha but no, this exploit is separate from OS version, and the fix is being sent out as a global patch, so even if you're not running the latest OS version, Google is fixing it.

OP
D

Droid noob

Reaction score
google has already begun to plug it

I just got my incredible 2.... why am I only running 2.2 version? Would think I would have android latest version....

Welcome to android lol...where you will never run the latest version! haha but no, this exploit is separate from OS version, and the fix is being sent out as a global patch, so even if you're not running the latest OS version, Google is fixing it.

Lol. Do I have the option to download the latest version? You would think they would automatically send this out to every phone

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
you would have to wait till the manufacturer/verizon approve the specific update for your phone...then it'll be released as an OTA update. there really isn't any set timetable for when that happens though

GDP

Reaction score
The only way you will always be running the latest version of Android is by buying a Nexus S I believe

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only way you will always be running the latest version of Android is by buying a Nexus S I believe

this is true, but the trade-off is you get stuck on a crappy carrier...if the Nexus line ever comes to VZW i will be buying full retail lol